What's new

Bakewell Tarts & New Cutting Boards

$20160526_165006.jpg
$20160526_164959.jpg
$20160526_172939.jpg
$20160526_181039.jpg
$20160526_210511.jpg

$20160526_213813.jpg

So after some research and a recommendation from @ouch I got two new cutting boards. They are the Plasti-Tuff line which is slightly more affordable than the Sani-Tuff. Still certified by the NSF and guaranteed not to absorb liquids or odors. They're very tough. The only main difference is that the Sani-Tuff are made from hard rubber and can be sanded down as a way of resurfacing them.

I also come up some Bakewell Tarts filled with 3 Fruit Preserves and Frangipane!

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Nice and nice:thumbup: I need a cutting board like yours for trimming large cuts of beef but even larger. I've got a medium sized one that all the guys liked at competition with handles and a rubber liner that kept it from sliding around.

On a small side rant: Why does everything Martha Stewart bakes look so incredibly easy on TV but becomes so challenging in reality? :lol:

Nice and nice:thumbup: I need a cutting board like yours for trimming large cuts of beef but even larger. I've got a medium sized one that all the guys liked at competition with handles and a rubber liner that kept it from sliding around.

Thanks Aaron! These come in a great variety of sizes. I got two of this size so that when I need more room I could put the two together. Otherwise one is usually large enough for everyday use. I caught your appearance on the latest episode of badger and blade radio. Very well done!

I need to get a dedicated meat cutting board.

I think this one would serve that purpose very well. It was really the only cutting board that I found certified by the National Sanitation Foundation. As well as the FDA and USDA. Both models from Apex seem to be really awesome.

Now I need to find a creative way to put some no slip stoppers on the underside of it. It does have a tendency to slide around.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Now I need to find a creative way to put some no slip stoppers on the underside of it. It does have a tendency to slide around.

Yes, the sliding around and trying to move it around with greasy/wet hands is a challenge. The sliding around can be solved by placing a wet paper towel or wet towel underneath.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped

Just wet a couple of paper towels or wet cloth and place under the board. That will stop it slipping and you keep both sides able to be used.

Edit: I see Aaron said the same thing. That is because it's the best answer. :lol:

I remember being told by a local in Bakewell that Bakewell Tarts hang around the railway staion in short skirts. Those are Bakewell Puddings!

Gareth

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I remember being told by a local in Bakewell that Bakewell Tarts hang around the railway staion in short skirts. Those are Bakewell Puddings!

Gareth

I'll try not to ask what that local's explanation for "Spotted Dick" is. The debate about the nomenclature of this baked goody is alive and well in Bakewell.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
For the Canadians among us the rubber Sani-Tuff boards are available on Amazon.ca for crazy high prices compared to what you buy them for in the USA. Global Industrial Supply is a good source in Canada with the 18" x 24" x 1" going for $130.95. I've ordered other things from Global such as Ampad Gold Fibre canary yellow paper pads (only legal size in stock right now) and they delivered quite quickly.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Yes, the sliding around and trying to move it around with greasy/wet hands is a challenge. The sliding around can be solved by placing a wet paper towel or wet towel underneath.

Just wet a couple of paper towels or wet cloth and place under the board. That will stop it slipping and you keep both sides able to be used.

I was going to say the same thing, except that I rarely find the need to wet the towel in the first place.

My wife found some small adhesive pads and ordered them for me. There's one in each corner now and the board stays firmly in place. I can even remove them easily when I want to flip the board and begin using the other side.

Top Bottom