What's new

What do I have here?

My pops found 2 tucks of these from way back when he used a DE.Should I give them a try?I am 44 yrs old so I would estimate these blades to be at least 35-40 yrs old. $photo (12).jpg

I used them back in the early '70s when I first started shaving ... I don't remember what the shave was like, since I wasn't "tuned-in" to pay close attention to shave gear back then.

If they are still in the package, I would preserve them in NOS condition.
And the fact that they are Family Heirlooms makes them even more precious.

If your dad gave you an open pack, go ahead and try it, but don't break the seal if it hasn't already been opened.

Thanks for the replies guys,very interesting info!!The tuck pictured is open the other is still sealed in the blister pack.I would say the reason behind dad not using them was because I remember a time he switched to an electric razor.On the bright side he is closer to finding his old DE and my grandfathers(dads dad) DE razor.

Nothing much, really...just one of the best DE blade ever produced.
I've a stash of over 300 of these :D

Last edited:
I used these for years (since the 1980's). I wish I could still find them in stores. I remember them being very comfortable blades. I still have one tuck laying around that I will eventually get around to using.

Nothing much, really...just one of the best DE blade ever produced.
I've a stash of over 300 of these :D
You wasn't kidding!!!!Wow what a super blade,best sharpness vs smoothness I have ever ran across.I was hesitant to give them a try since Schick carts were horrible for me back in my cart days.Now to find a manufactured blade that compares.

Top Bottom