What's new

FS: Shavemac 2-Band and Muhle XL Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two great brushes at great prices for sale. The brushes are an ivory Shavemac 167 in 2-band silvertip, and an ivory synthetic Muhle. First the pictures of the brushes and then an individual description. In all the pictures the Shavemac is on the left and the Muhle is on the right.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Shavemac 167 Silvertip 2-Band

This brush was purchased earlier this month directly from Shavemac. It is virtually new, and has been used exactly three times. It has a 26mm 2-Band bulb knot set to a loft of 49mm. The bulb knot is quite dense and symetrical. The brush has soft tips, superb backbone, and no scritch whatsoever that I can detect. Due to its density and short loft, this brush will give you a lot of gentle scrub with no floppy splay. It has not shed a single hair. I am only selling this brush because I have the identical knot in another handle which I decided I like more. I don't need two Shavemac brushes with the identical knot, otherwise this would be a keeper.

The cost of this brush, including an 8% discount from Shavemac as a returning customer and shipping from Germany, was $166.00.

Sale price is $110. Includes CONUS shipping. PayPal.

Muhle XL Synthetic

In 2014 and 2015, I experimented extensively with synthetics. In my opinion, the two best synthetics are the Chubby 2 and Muhle XL, which are the only two I kept from the many synthetics I tried. I've decided I prefer the Chubby 2 and I'm only keeping one synthetic, so I'm letting the Muhle go. The only downside to the Chubby 2 and Muhle synthetics is the price, and the price I set on this one solves that problem.

Much has been written in praise of the Muhle synthetic and I won't repeat it here. The 25mm knot is set to a loft of 58mm. This brush combines exceptional sofness and backbone, and is better at whipping up lather than any badger brush. The brush has been lightly used in a very large rotation. It presents as virtually new, with the printing on the handle intact.

The cost of this brush from U.S. vendors is $100.00.

Sale price is $35.00. Includes CONUS shipping. PayPal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom