What's new

Plissoft style synth and hard soaps?

I know that a boar brush is great with a soap like Williams. I face lather and it works great. Do any guys have experience with the new style synthetics and soaps like Williams? Is a 24mm Plissoft a good option for a hard soap like that? Thanks in advance.

I've used my monster on lots of hard milled soaps successfully (sounds dirtier than it's meant to be). what I've been doing is I put some water on the top of the soap to bloom at the beginning of the shower, shake out my Plissoft Monster and then lather away.

I've used my monster on lots of hard milled soaps successfully .
I recently purchased the monster and used it this AM with a hard milled. I was shocked how easy it was to pick up enough soap. This brush is now I'm my top 2 at any price.

Pretty much all of my Plisson type knot brushes are by far the easiest to get a fantastic lather...regardless of cream, crop, soap, etc....

I have the loccitane plisson brush - reputed to be the most floppy of all the plisson style brushes.

It picks up hard soap 2-3 times faster than my semogue 1305 boar and my whipped dog high mountain (2-band) badger.

It defies logic...

Wow- thanks everyone. It sounds like these brushes are great with a hard soap. I keep hearing how finicky Williams can be when it comes to lather and I didn't want to get a brush that would make it any more difficult. I think I'll try the Plissoft 24mm.

I don't like Williams the lather disappears too fast. I like the scent though so I'll probably pick up the Yankee soap made by wsp

I have several synthetic brushes - Plisson, Maggard's, Stirling, Whipped Dog, The Grooming Co. - and they all work really well with hard soaps, or any soaps at all for that matter.

Even soaps that I have previously had difficulty lathering now work great with the synthetics.

My other brushes sit on a shelf collecting dust.

--Bob

I use a Plissoft 22mm with a Colgate shaving puck and it lathers fast and furious. I put a little hot water on the puck and dump it after 3-5 minutes then start lathering.

Top Bottom