What's new

My experience with THE Veg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Having read so many interesting posts about the Lilac Vegetal, I decided that I had to try it for myself to see if I was one of the "Chosen." I didn't want to wait for the internet shipping, so yesterday I went down to a local store that I knew sold it and bought a bottle. The lady at the register looked at the bottle and made a comment something along the lines of this looks interesting. I said something like that's what I hear, some people smell the Lilacs others smell cat pee. She said she hoped I smell Lilacs and I said me too.

I walked out to my truck and removed the tape from the cap with great anticipation. Unscrewed the top, held the bottle up to my nose and gave it a slight squeeze to help the scent waft up to my nostrils. I was anticipating a wonderful lilac smell and a new AS in my rotation..... Instead what I got was about 5cc of Lilac Vegetal shot strait up my right nostril. Oh the BURN alcohol has when in your sinuses. Apparently the plastic used in these bottles is quite thin turning my slight squeeze into a mini geyser. To make it worse, the remaining Veg soaked my hands so when I went to wipe my nose I only increased the amount of veg already coursing through my sinuses.

The scent in that concentrated form is interesting. I DID smell the lilacs, but along with it there was a strong undertone of what I can only describe as cat pee. There was also a strange scent that I relate to a public restroom urinal cake. Not the pink ones, the blue ones that were so popular about 10 years ago. Luckily the smell faded rather quickly, or maybe I just became desensitized. I had to run into the office for a quick meeting an did get a lot of second looks from my coworkers, so maybe I still smelled. Who knows.

Yesterday the temp here was in the upper 80's. I went out to mow my lawn about 5 hours after spraying the Vegetal into my nostril and let me tell you, sweat really brings the scent out again. However this time I did not get any urinal cake or urine smell, just the mingled scents of Lilac and fresh cut grass. Very pleasing if you ask me.

Someday I might actually try to use this as an AS, but it may be a while as I'm not sure that my brain can associate the smell with anything pleasant right now.

Adam

Ad Astra

The Instigator
If you don't smell urinal cake, funeral home or noxious teen deodorant each and every time, you're lucky.

Veg-up-nose is a nightmare! Lucky you didn't have to go to the ER. Condolences on the purchase ... er, accident.

AA

The first time I smelled The Veg, I told myself to think positive and try to bring out the Lilac. So I opened the cap, took a whif and smelled lilac, but also the "other" undertones I was expecting. I paused, smelled some coffee beans to clear the nose and smelled a second time. The second time around I only smelled Lilacs.

I dont s,elk anything but a floral garden scent on a spring day. My wife even loves the smell. It definatley has a different smell on the body, versus right out of the bottle. I tell people to splash on a new scent on one's arm and then take a smell. Smelling right out of a plastic bottle isn't the way to go in my opinion.

that was a great story, thank you. if you have a chance, decant it into glass and let it mellow a week or two. The cat pee complaint, I think, stems from the plastic in the bottle.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
In honor of your story, I thought about splashing on the Veg, but wisely didn't.

I've had mine in glass for almost a year, and it still smells like the Veg.

I might add an essential oil to some Veg, if I knew what would cover it up. Some Rub would make Frozen Veg.

AA

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
**Update.** I decided that I needed to test the scent again, so I used the high school chemistry method of wafting the scent in my direction by waving my hand over the top of the bottle. I think I'm going to be one of the chosen! The scent is MUCH nicer when it has not been sprayed into your head. Even better, my wife seems to like it too. Next up is a glass bottle. I'm still not quite ready to wear it yet, but I think that the day that I will is getting closer.

On a side note. The allergy season here has really kicked up. My nose has been running and I occasionally get a scent of lilacs when I blow my nose. Four days later and there must still be some lingering around in my sinuses.

Adam

Last edited:
Top Bottom