• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 98
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 95

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I just took my 1st 2 sips from the Barrel Proof. All I can say is: Wow!!!!!!

This is really good bourbon.
I let it sit in the glass and breathe for a bit. The longer it sat the less it burned my nose.
I took that 1st sip and it was so smooth and delicious. The finish left my mouth burning. But a good burn.
This really surprised me because it went down so smooth. The 2nd sip was even smoother.
It has long legs. Seems to stay on the glass forever after I swirl it around.
I just took my 3rd sip.
It has been in the glass for 30 minutes more or less. No longer burns the nose.
It is so smooth and delicious.
This stuff is very very dangerous!!!
It is so smooth that by the time you remember it's 135.6 proof it's just too late.
Pour your glass, slip slowly, enjoy, and don't repeat unless you have nowhere to be in the morning!

Disappointed they discontinued the 12 year. It's been a couple months since I've seen that label here.

I haven't tried the Barrel Proof, but it sounds great! It sounds like the difference between Knob Creek Small Batch and Knob Creek Single Barrel.

Those look interesting -- I'll have to go shopping!

You might also want to try Makers Mark cask strength and Bookers Bourbon (also bottled at cask strength).

With high proof whiskeys, I like to drop a single ice cube in it. A lot more flavors come out as the ice cube melts. You can taste the drink change over several minutes. Alternatively, use a water dropper to add water bit by bit to experience the same changes without over-diluting it.

Many of the flavor compounds in whiskey are actually water soluble, not alcohol soluble -- so show up readily with just a touch of water. (hence the idea of a drop of water in fine scotch.)

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I have and enjoy both Makers and Bookers!
I have never put water or ice in my bourbon or scotch (as best as I remember).
I prefer to let them breathe in the glass, take my time, and enjoy that glass for about an hour or so.
However, I may try adding a drop of water just to see but I cannot think of any reason to add anything to the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. It is that good!!!!

Top Bottom