What's new

Where is all the positive energy?

Is it just me or is there an excess of negativity in the world today? I have been noticing recently how much negativity there is in and around my life. (Don't get me wrong...I live a good life, and I consider myself a positive person...with a good sense of humour...and I am blessed with many good people around me). But it seems everyone I know, or conversations I overhear or programs I watch on TV or the news (newspaper, radio or TV) is nothing but negativity. (Insert scream of frustration here!)

How can we inject more positive energy into our lives? What do you do to overcome the negativity in your personal world?

Well, people don't usually say anything when things are going good, and nice stories don't make the headline news. So it's natural for people to talk about things when they are concerned. As for looking for positive energy this forum has it coming out of it's ears! Also look up the Chewbacca Lady on Facebook, the news or You Tube. Proof that positive energy is popular in our culture.

Start by chucking the TV out the window. You'd be amazed by the amount of negativity that instantly goes crashing to the ground.

If you look objectively at the news you will see that it is designed to frustrate, irritate and scare you.

Start by cutting out the news media altogether (TV, internet, newspapers) and you will see a dramatic drop in negativity.

I suppose I should heed my own advice.....

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
If you look objectively at the news you will see that it is designed to frustrate, irritate and scare you.

Start by cutting out the news media altogether (TV, internet, newspapers) and you will see a dramatic drop in negativity.

Sensationalism sells ad time.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker

If you cut out your interweb for a day you would lose your mojo and wither away. And what would you do to pass the time at work? :lol:

I too feel that the world around me minus my private life is all negative. At work we've recently been chastised for talking to one another. Multiple supervisors are now in the mindset of giving no support just rear chewings for anything and everything. It makes it hard to leave in the morning, painful to walk in the door, and difficult to not think of ways to use a day off or conveniently schedule a doc appointment for a time that is in your work schedule. Our place has gone thru a lot though. In the last year we've lost or let go 1,000 people and continually trimmed benefits. Just seems like it would be best to smile, laugh, and help one another but for those of us that did, we get in trouble. So yes, I feel the world around me is more negative than I ever remembered.

I feel the same way also,In real life I see many examples but even in this lovely form that we simply share our beautiful hobby with each other, some negative replies sometimes make me feel bad.

Start by chucking the TV out the window. You'd be amazed by the amount of negativity that instantly goes crashing to the ground.
This.

I lived without a television for two years and I think I was more productive than ever. I now have a television, but no live tv (read "news") and I think it helps immensely to bring that positive attitude back. [emoji3]

It's all relative. I try to subscribe to this falsely attributed Lincoln quote "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." If you want to see positive things, you will. And the reverse is true.

P.S. Ditching cruddy news shows will definitely help your "relativity" :biggrin1:

I agree with this one. It's not likely much of anything on there is going to help. For me it's a tough balance of not watching the news or paying attention to media while also not being apathetic. I find that reading books, playing with my kids, and trying to be present to family, friends, and neighbors goes a long way. A good pipe and some whisky doesn't hurt either. I also get refreshed by being out in nature for hikes, rock climbing, or camping.

If you cut out your interweb for a day you would lose your mojo and wither away. And what would you do to pass the time at work? :lol:

Right!

Personally, I need the daily dose of negativity to sharpen my sense of irony and replenish the well from which I draw forth pithy, sarcastic remarks.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It's all relative. I try to subscribe to this falsely attributed Lincoln quote "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." If you want to see positive things, you will. And the reverse is true.

P.S. Ditching cruddy news shows will definitely help your "relativity" :biggrin1:
Abe had a way with words. $image.jpeg

The sky is falling, we are doomed!

It's all just perception.

The past tends to be viewed through the rosy-colored filter of forgetfulness. Science says that's how memory works: When we remember the past, we are actually forgetting many details. When we actively try to remember events from the past, the brain will fill in the missing pieces with made-up, positive stuff. Hence the weather used to be better, people were nicer, healthier, life was more worth living way-back-when. Now, if you don't know this, you might think everything is getting worse, and that really is depressing and it becomes more difficult to show some positive energy when living in a superannuated society. Who wants to get out of bed and do something new any longer? Were is the enthusiasm and the joy in going forward? We are just grousing geezers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom