What's new

How much did you pay for your best shaving razor?

I just ranked my best razors, the ones I use frequently. Not in order or anything, just the razors I routinely rely upon for outstanding shaves and how much I paid for them:
Merkur 37C--it was a trade for a 34C for which i paid $15
Fatip Piccolo--$15
Gillette New Long Comb--$3
Merkur Progress--$41
Gillette Red Tip SS--$11
Gillette Super 109--heirloom, it was my dad's.

My Merkur Vision 2000 cost about $175.

I use Merkur blades and I have tough whiskers. Outstanding shaves that are close and comfortable. Merkur blades draw a lot of negativity on the forum, but I find they are quite good in Merkur razors. Go figure.

Right now my fav is the Fendrihan "True North", which is a a Muhle R89 with a custom handle, limited to 100 pieces.

Got it for $67 CAD, now it's selling for $95.

The challenge for me to to pick my "best" razor. I have favorites but not one "best". Some notables...

- My '57 birth year Super Speed I found accidentally for $5.00 at an antique store started my return to DE shaving journey.
- My birth year AND quarter '57 Super Speed in a case from a Canadian member for $20!
- I lucked into a mint Fatboy for $20.
- Most of my other favorite vintage razors have all been had for $15 - $25.
- My new Fatip Piccolo that I am in a raging love affair with cost me $21 shipped from the UK.

It's a bit of a tossup at the moment:
R41-13: $36 used off B&B Marketplace
Ikon SC Tech on Maggard MR11 Handle: $45+$14=$59 plus some shipping

$25, at the time that was my roof until the popularity of wet shaving skyrocketed.
The razor in question is either my slim or the rocket HD, that said I've dropped 20 on a ball end old and 30 on a cased single ring that haven't arrived yet.

Just 70 bucks for my Weber PH with Classic handle. Smooth and very efficient. Too bad they stopped making them.

Tough call between my SE Gem MMOC for $1 and my 1959 Gillette fat boy for $3. These were not the cheapest(yes I bought some razors for less than $1) but they are probably the best shavers.

My ATT Colossus S2 was part of a set, but by itself would but $185. My Fatboy was $55 on the Bay. I also love my RazoRock StealthSlant which I got as part of a $140 package in a WTS deal with a load of soaps. It's theoretically overpriced this way, since it would be $75 on IB if they ever had any to sell.

It's a tie between my gillette super adjustable picked up at an antique store for $7.00 and my fatboy that my wife gave me for my birthday.

Top Bottom