What's new

How much did you pay for your best shaving razor?

NOT your most prized razor, your rarest razor, the jewel of your razor collection, your display razor, etc., etc., but your actual best shaver? The one you rely on for a smooth, comfortable, close shave every time.

I'll start. My best shavers are these:

1) Canadian pre-war Tech. Paid ZERO. It was PIF'd to me by a generous forum member because I expressed interest in it.

2) Hybrid Tech. I paid $120 for this one. Worth every penny. Not sure it shaves better than razor number one, though, to be honest.

Your turn.:thumbup1:

20 bucks for New SC, 60 for New LC Rhodium replated, and Goodwill head I got PIF'd to me.

Відправлено з мого Meizu M2 через Tapatalk

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Tough question, picking the best between the two I use. The Futur cost me about $60 or so 8-9 years ago. My ATT H1 on a Weber Classic handle was surprise PIFed to me by a fellow Steward. I get about the same shave from either one, but the ATT gets to BBS quicker.

Tough to pick because I really like many of my Gillette razors and love to shave with different ones. But, I would have to say my birth year 61 Fatboy. I paid $150 total because I bought the razor, then sent it in and had it re-plated in Rhodium. It came out amazing and I love shaving with it!!

Priciest razor I owned was the Futur which I paid around $80 for. However my favorite razor is my Merkur 34c which I got as a gift but retails for a bit over $50 here in Canada.

EJ 89 is my best everyday razor followed by the Lord L6. The EJ gives me a slightly smoother shave. EJ 89 cost me around 35 USD.

R

romsitsa

Gillette Single ring clone: 1 Euro
Gillette Slim Twist: family heirloom

Adam

Tough decission...

I'd say, so far...

- Nada for my Seygus (I was one of the testing drivers...)

- Around €47 for my 1920s OT Pocket Edition

I'm going to list 4, as my best shavers are different for my head and face.

Face
-2013 R41 with Spitfire Cap - Razor was a Christmas Gift, I paid $24.70 (using credit card reward points) for the Spitfire Cap
-Futur - $68 (using Amazon Gift Card from work)

Head
-Fatip Grande - Christmas Gift
-1960 Fatboy - PIF win plus $13.90 shipping to/from Captain Murphy for tune up.

Top Bottom