What's new

How much did you pay for your best shaving razor?

$350 for a King Cobra with a stainless UFO handle. No regrets on this purchase, sold all my other razors accept for the Cobra Classic.

$20 for a Detroit Grooming Classic Black. It's not picky about what blade I put in it, and it gives me smooth shaves.

Wolfman - $200 ish
Leresche #77 - $165

Both are excellent.

ATT S2 - $185. Also fantastic.

I wont state how many others I have and how much I paid. The ones above are cheap. Ha.

$37; a J serial number, 1919 Gillette in a mismatched 1921 basket weave metal case.Both in excellent condition.

Attachments

• $s-l1600 (10).jpg
    $s-l1600 (10).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 178
ZERO. I got a 1948-50 Gillette Superspeed from a family friend in pristine condition. Put a Feather blade in it and WOW.

He and his wife were moving into an assisted living facility, and I spied a batch of vintage razors. He hardly used them because he used an electric shaver. I told his son that if they were going to throw them out or give them away, I would gladly take them.

He has since passed away, and I think of him fondly when I use it.

To someone like me that keeps buying vintage razors, best shaving changes as (a) I keep getting more and (b) I rediscover razors I already have.

If you ask me today, my best shaver is a Schick Type E2 Injector with the head that opens that I paid less than $10 for on eBay.

Since this is a DE sub-forum, my best shaving DE is a Canadian Goodwill Special #175 on a fat Tech handle that I think I paid $15 for. I have every NEW and Goodwill, both types of Old Types, and a couple of rhodium English Aristocrats and I prefer this Goodwill to all of them.

My smoothest shave is from my Yingjili I paid $1.80 for. My best shaver apart from that is either my S&S Precision ($13), or my post war Gold Tech ($1 at a flea market).

$185 for a ATT S1 Kronos. But just couldn't get used to it, my technique was probably not right. So sold it and went back to a SB.

5$ for my NOS Rotbart Mond Extra #15 which gives me as good shaves as the best of the many others I own between 0 and 200$. It is my only razor that gives me perfect shaves with any blades you will use. I barely use this razor at home because it is not the nicest, but I have it often with me on vacation traveling. I hope someday someone will make a perfect stainless steel copy of it and then I will be the first buying it.

Top Bottom