What's new

I'm in love with Voskhod

Today I picked Voskhod out of my sampler pack. First time I ever used this blade. I use my EJ89 every time I try any new brand blade for the first time.

So many things happened for the first time today. I never thought I would be blown away by a DE blade. In a nutshell it felt like using a GEM PTFE blade. I believe all the hype now. I don't care about other blades in the sampler pack any more.

I was able to go ATG on my neck with EJ89. Usually I can only go ATG on neck with my Fasan slant, Mongoose or GEM type razors.

I didn't get any irritation or razor-burn. I didn't felt a need to use witch hazel. I usually need it whenever I use DE razor/blade. No sting using Alum. :w00t:

I'm BBS everywhere, even on trouble areas. I didn't needed to buff on trouble areas. This never happens when I'm using any DE razor/blade.

In a nutshell it felt like I was using a GEM PTFE blade or Feather Professional SE blade in my EJ89. I used to think that GEM PTFE coated SE blades are the smoothest and sharpest blades on earth but these Voskhod have the same smoothness and sharpness. I don't know how they will perform on 2nd or 3rd use. But even if I can only get 2 decent uses out them, I'll be buying them in bulk. This is the only DE blade I need. This was the best DE shave I got to date. I think I should stop buying more DE razors because this blade will perform best with any razor, but I think Voskhod will only intensify my RAD. It seems I didn't need razors to get the most BBS shave, I just needed a blade that was right for me. If I can get 2 decent shaves out of 1 blade, I think I'll be buying a lifetime supply of these.

I felt the same way when I first tried a Voskhod - in my EJ de89 no less. I bought 100 of them, and I'll probably add more. It could easily be my one blade for life, but I'm a single man so I'm allowed to play the field...

Today I picked Voskhod out of my sampler pack. First time I ever used this blade. I use my EJ89 every time I try any new brand blade for the first time.

This was the best DE shave I got to date. I think I should stop buying more DE razors because this blade will perform best with any razor, but I think Voskhod will only intensify my RAD. It seems I didn't need razors to get the most BBS shave, I just needed a blade that was right for me. If I can get 2 decent shaves out of 1 blade, I think I'll be buying a lifetime supply of these.

I have not open the Voskhod box from my sampler pack. After reading your post, the little box will be opened. :001_smile

The few times I have used the Voskhod blades I have gotten the same phenomal results; however, those results were only on the first shave with the blade and the subsequent shaves weren't nearly as good and left me with quite a bit of irritation. So, for me, they are a one-shave blade, but I think I will still keep them around for that shave.

Voskhod are good blades
I also regularly use Ladas Stainless, Rapira Chrome Stainless, Rapira Super Stainless, Rapira Swedish Supersteel and Rapira Platinum Lux - All made in the same factory as Voskhod

The few times I have used the Voskhod blades I have gotten the same phenomal results; however, those results were only on the first shave with the blade and the subsequent shaves weren't nearly as good and left me with quite a bit of irritation. So, for me, they are a one-shave blade, but I think I will still keep them around for that shave.

Ah, I knew there has to be a catch. I will find it out tomorrow for myself. I will use the same razor(DE 89) with same soap and brush.

If I can get 2 decent shaves(6 total passes) out of one blade, I'll be happy with them because they are just so cheap, I can get them for 6 cents per each blade. Even with one shave per blade, 6 cents is a good deal.

Last edited:
I tried my first Voshkod a couple weeks ago. Did not work great for me. May revisit them again in the future.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Got my 100-pack from Rooshia, and they guy stuck in a pack of Ladas as a gift.

Been using THOSE, and it's a very smooth cut, too.

AA

I wanted to like them but they just didn't do it for me. I found that I needed to use a more aggressive technique and/or razor and never really get the same smoothness others talk about. The first shave is OK but goes downhill quickly. I can never use a blade more than 3 times. I ordered them right from the Motherland and ended up with 100 instead of 50, and will probably trade some or all of them off at some point since they are "the" blade for me.

Ah, I knew there has to be a catch. I will find it out tomorrow for myself. I will use the same razor(DE 89) with same soap and brush.

If I can get 2 decent shaves(6 total passes) out of one blade, I'll be happy with them because they are just so cheap, I can get them for 6 cents per each blade. Even with one shave per blade, 6 cents is a good deal.

I opened my first Voskhod last week, and got 5 good shaves out if it. Until that, none of the 6 or so other blades I'd tried had given me 3 shaves this good. I was getting ready to accept I just wasn't meant to use a blade more than twice, lol.

After trying a few Voskhods and liking them, then seeing the great deals I ordered 100 for pretty cheap. They along with some very similar Russian blades are in my rotation. For me, they are very sharp, very smooth, lasts me 7 shaves in any razor, and are a great value. I could get by for life with nothing else but I like variety. Certainly a top pick and recommendation.

I concur. My 100 Voskhod blades arrived from Russia today, with 20 free Ladas and Rapira SS. Of the modern blades, they tie for 1st with Wilkinson Sword (German), and they look cooler hung on the wall.

"Voskhod; Russian: Восхо́д, IPA: [vɐsˈxot], Ascent or Dawn"

I concur. My 100 Voskhod blades arrived from Russia today, with 20 free Ladas and Rapira SS. Of the modern blades, they tie for 1st with Wilkinson Sword (German), and they look cooler hung on the wall.

"Voskhod; Russian: Восхо́д, IPA: [vɐsˈxot], Ascent or Dawn"

OK, I will bite... How do you hang them on the wall? Do you hang them on a hook like a retail display?

OK, I will bite... How do you hang them on the wall? Do you hang them on a hook like a retail display?

Nothing so grand :) . When I get a 'hanging' barber pack (opposed to the 'tower' pack Wilkinson/Racer/etc come in), I just put a coloured pin in the wall, next to my old 'Personna 74' magazine advert, Gillette and Ever-Ready ads. I will probably post photos of the office/nook at some point.

Top Bottom