What's new

A few Bumblebee pics from today

I went out with the camera today looking for birds to photograph at a local public garden, sadly most of them were staying high in the treetops, got a couple of shots though, but not the species I was after.

So I had a good look about and found some beautiful Bumblebees diving in and out of the amazing flowers this place has.

These are all handheld using a D800 + 300mm f/4 with 1.4x converter, tricky doing the shots handheld as there was a breeze all day that gently the moved the flowers about.

$myd10.JPG

$myd19.JPG

$myd18.jpg

$myd17.JPG

Pretty pleased with them for handheld, no close up eye or antennae shots though:biggrin1:

Last edited:
Great shots! The D800 / 300 mm lens combination must've been very hard to shoot hand held. :)

Thanks! I can hold the kit steady pretty well, but the flowers moving in the breeze didn't help:biggrin1: Sticking it on the tripod would have nailed those shots, left it at home though!

I'd actually put money down on the first of the bunch. They're all good, but that one speaks to me. Great shot!

^^ Thanks for the compliment!
I'm just practicing, practicing, practicing as much as time allows, getting better results slowly

God! Even the smallest spider would be terribly scary at that amount of zoom!

Oh yes! I did unintentionally stare straight at one last week when I was trying to focus on a small bird in a tree, the camera locked onto a spider on it's web in the foreground that I didn't even see, filled the whole frame:blink:

Top Bottom