What's new

Tire recommendations.

I know this subject is almost as judgemental as politics and religion but im curious what kind of off road tires you run. I have a 2012 F250 gasser that needs new shoes. Ive been looking at Cooper MT/P and Falken MT/01 but havent rulled out any options. I am not a fan of Toyo or Goodyear. Soil type is thick, gummy, slick black clay.

Fire at will.

Robert, your posts are so diverse. like all my past hobbies as I look back. a truck in Texas . I like the Falken choice but that's as far as I will venture. good luck

I haven't been a fan of Goodyear in a long time either. The few sets I've had wore out really fast. Why no love for Toyo though? I ran their MT's on my old pickup and I really liked them. I sold that truck a while back though. I run BFG AT's on my current one but I live in the desert and drive on the road a lot so the AT's work for me. You sound like you need a mud tire. How about BFG MT's?

I haven't been a fan of Goodyear in a long time either. The few sets I've had wore out really fast. Why no love for Toyo though? I ran their MT's on my old pickup and I really liked them. I sold that truck a while back though. I run BFG AT's on my current one but I live in the desert and drive on the road a lot so the AT's work for me. You sound like you need a mud tire. How about BFG MT's?

Is it true BFG is a brand of Michelin?

Sorry but I run Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and love 'em.
Great off road and one of the best snow tires available.
Good luck ;-)

The current tire on the truck is Goodyear Duratrac with kevlar, awful tire that has less than 20K miles and I rotate every 2500 miles.

The current tire on the truck is Goodyear Duratrac with kevlar, awful tire that has less than 20K miles and I rotate every 2500 miles.
That's been my experience with Goodyears too. About 20K miles and the tread's gone. I might be ok with that if they performed better than a longer wearing tire but they don't seem to in my use, which is admittedly not very extreme :).

I like tirerack.com to gain knowledge on tires. Rock solid reviews.

Check it out.

I always forget about tirerack....

So what about Kuhmo KL71 or Firestone Destination MT?? They both have great reviews on 3/4 ton trucks.
$Firestone.PNG
$Kuhmo.PNG

Last edited:
I know this subject is almost as judgemental as politics and religion but im curious what kind of off road tires you run. I have a 2012 F250 gasser that needs new shoes. Ive been looking at Cooper MT/P and Falken MT/01 but havent rulled out any options. I am not a fan of Toyo or Goodyear. Soil type is thick, gummy, slick black clay.

Fire at will.

BF Goodrich T/A KO2 for traction and decent on-road performance. You can't really do better. Check the available sizes and performance ratings on the tire rack:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2

proxy.php

Last edited:
My only concern with the BFG AT is that it doesn't clean out the mud quickly enough with this thick sticky mud. I ran them in HS many moons ago when the options were limited.

Top Bottom