What's new

First Restoration

Here is my first restoration. It is a rubberset handle, with a 19mm VIG shaving finest knot. Just used it for the first time this morning. It worked very well. Thanks to all who have done this before and share their information on this site. $Brush.jpg

$brush 2.jpg

Looks great, what model number is that brush? Would you have a picture of the bottom of the brush? What all did you have to do to the brush? I really like vintage brush handles, that's all I use and the collection keeps growing.

Looks great, what model number is that brush? Would you have a picture of the bottom of the brush? What all did you have to do to the brush? I really like vintage brush handles, that's all I use and the collection keeps growing.

I believe the model number 20S or 205. It was originally pure badger. I just removed the old knot by drilling it out. I decided not to polish the acrylic. It has some small chips in the bottom corners.

I think Rubberset made those brushes. I have been looking for one to use with this shaving bowl:

$IMG_2054.jpg

I find a puck of D R Harris can be convinced to fit into it but they don't make a fish scented soap.

I just picked up a 20 mm vig finest. I was wondering how you liked yours, how much it bloomed, and how deep you set it? If you've used it yet I'd love to see a pic of it blossomed out

I just picked up a 20 mm vig finest. I was wondering how you liked yours, how much it bloomed, and how deep you set it? If you've used it yet I'd love to see a pic of it blossomed out

Before I shaved with it, I gave it a few rinse lathers. It did not smell too bad. After a few shaves I am very satisfied with the quality of lather it produced. It has some scritch to it. It has bloomed some. I didn't actually measure how deep I set it. I would guess about 10mm.

Top Bottom