What's new

Mongoose vs Above The Tie Bamboo SE1 ?

Who do you think is the better one? I am talking about the Mongoose steel version, the one that also cost like the Bamboo SE1, ~180$

I've been wanting to try an SE that takes the Artist Club blades for awhile now. I was going to order a Mongoose but jumped when the ATT was announced. I have an ATT DE S1 and it is a work of art so that was the deciding factor.

I'm waiting patiently for it to be manufactured and shipped. I won't be able to compare them as I can only afford one but I'll be happy to share my take on the ATT SE1 when it arrives and a have a handful of shaves under my belt.

I have a SS Mongoose and am patiently waiting (waiting, anyway) for the arrival of my ATT SE1.

The Mongoose is a quality product and an excellent shaver. Based on my experience with ATT I expect it to also be a quality product and a great shaver. Once I have tried them both, I may have a preference for one or the other, but that certainly does not make it "better."

--Bob

As the owner of two ATT DE razors, I have no doubt that the ATT SE1 is superb, and I will probably spring for one when the head becomes available by itself. My main focus currently is Feather Artist Club blades, which are first-rate (Feather-sharp and smooth). I use them primarily in Feather Japanese straight razors (SS and DX), but also in the AlumiGoose V2 when I need a quick but effective shave. The AlumiGoose V2 is a carefree razor; it just works. As someone pointed out in another thread, the ATT SE1, unlike the Mongoose, has a rounded top cap, which allows for a greater range of effective shaving angles, and I think this is the main difference in terms of design. That said, I'm sure you will like either Mongoose or ATT. If you can, get both; sell one if you must -- or keep both. :devil2:

Top Bottom