What's new

Sheaffer's Skrip Permanent Jet Black

Just finished the last of the bottle. I didn't start it though so I can only claim to have used about 1/2 of it. Nice color, well behaved. Anyone have a good suggestion for replacing this vintage ink?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I'm not sure of the properties of vintage Sheaffer's Skrip Permanent Black, but Parker Quink is considered waterproof. Were you looking for a specifically "permanent black ink," or were you just looking for something else?

I'm not sure of the properties of vintage Sheaffer's Skrip Permanent Black, but Parker Quink is considered waterproof. Were you looking for a specifically "permanent black ink," or were you just looking for something else?

Thanks, I was looking for a permanent black and had heard that people weren't happy with the new Sheaffer's ink. Looking at some swabs online it doesn't appear nearly as black, more of a washed out gray. I had never really looked at black ink until I got this old bottle and tried it out and decided I like black ink occasionally. Maybe Parker is the way to go.

Top Bottom