What's new

Which Taylor's?

Hello!
I'm planning to buy a bowl of Taylor's cream, but there's so much to choose from!
I really enjoy the freshness of T&H 1805 (my next a/s!), but not so much the limes of T&H West Indian Limes. I've tried Taylor's Mr. Taylor, and it's okay (but not anything special with it). I also love the mint from Clubman Shave and Nancyboy Signature. The scents from L'Occitane also fascinates me :)

Does anybody have a tip? :)

I now have three tubs of TOBS creams - Avocado, Almond and Sandalwood. I love the Almond smell, the Avocado lathers well, and IMHO the Sandalwood seems to give the best out and out shave. I think there's 11 fragrances, so only 8 more to go until my TOBS fetish is satisfied :001_rolle

I was thinking the same thing last night. I'll be interest to hear what the favourite TOBS cream is. From reading around, I'd say probably avocado...

Everybody says that the almond is great, but one I've tried (C&E Sweet Almond) is really girlish. Or so my girlie says :p I think it's very soapy and not-for-me. Is the TOBS almond anything like that?

I wouldn't say girly - just strongly smells of almonds. If you want girlie then the GFT Rose is about as feminine as it gets!

This is a question that comes up every now and again, I found one thread with a poll for Taylor scents and you can see the results here. Looks like the Rose and Avocado come up on top.

I have tried Taylor's Avocado, Lavender, Lemon & Limes and Rose; my favourite is the Avocado. By the way, the Avocado doesn't smell like avocado, it has a sort of green scent that I can't quite describe, I like it though. If you didn't like T&H's Lime much, it might be a good idea to play it safe and not go for Taylor's Lemon & Limes.

Lavender and Avacado my fav. Avacado smells cucumber to me and nancy boy replenishing A/S follows it well. The lather is very nice and slick. I believe SCS is using avacado oil in all of her creams now:) I would strongly suggest getting with josh(jramirez) look under buying and sample and you can get the whole line for I believe $3 a piece and each sample has enough for 7-8 shaves. You wont have to commit to any until to can try them all!

Eton College:cool:

As long as Web 2.0 doesn't support a decent fragrance-transmitter, Eton College, St. James and Avocado are my top pics (haven't tried any of them yet though).

I'd wish for a fragrance-transmitter though. That'd been great, just ignoring the backhead thoughts of a 4chan-goatse that actually smells. Yuch.

Gotta say the Avocado does it for me. Nice thick lather that protects and moisturises too. It been beating my Trumper's creams lately which are more then double the price. Top cream.

With the onset of the summer heat, I broke out the Taylor's Avocado this morning (it's scent just seems to go with summertime to me). After neglecting most of my creams for several months do to a fascination with shave sticks & face lathering, I decided to whip up a bowl of nice Avocado lather. I'd forgotten how well this stuff performs......I used a little too much and ended up with enough lather for 3 shaves. This stuff moisturizes well enough to do without an aftershave for the most part (although a liberal splash of Proraso was applied). The lather is super-slick, and a day-3 Feather with my Aristocrat Jr. made quick work of my stubble. BBS was almost effortless.

It's nice to revisit and old friend and have a great experience. I'll probably try to duplicate everything tomorrow!

The avocado is a top performer for sure. The scent has a cucumber/melon-ish aroma going on that I don't think is the best, but it sure works good. Right up there with C&E sweet almond oil.

Top Bottom