What's new

Shave at night or in the morning?

Morning shave. First, I can shower and get my beard nice and hydrated. Second, I would have too much stubble by noon.

But, as others have stated, your situation may be totally different.

I prefer to shave at night. Shower and shave before bed. This did lead me to more aggressive razors for the longest lasting shaves.

I like to shave in the evening, after a shower. Sometimes though I shave in the morning, mostly out of necessity and I must admit, morning shaving has its merits, I went to work feeling fresh and clear minded.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Morning. I, like Ackvil, am retired, so I have all the time in the world to shave.

I have repeated in many posts the words of a speech-impaired drill sergeant in basic training days: "It be-hoove yoo to shay yo fay in duh moarnin'! I know an overnigh' growf when I see one!" It was required to be freshly shaven when the training day started by 5 a.m. I was just starting to shave and had no other shave habits, so morning it became. Since then, whenever I have had a schedule "normal" enough to distinguish "mornings" as a beginning, morning has been when I shave. When pulling all-nighters, on-call duties, wacko shifts, and other variations, I usually shave as soon after the morning as possible after grabbing some sleep.

Thanks for you responses. There was more folks that responded they shaved in the evening than what I initially expected! I know I would prefer to shave in the mornings, however, it is challenging to get up very early in the morning for work and also have the time to really enjoy it.

I like one gentleman's comment that he uses more aggressive razors when he shaves in the evening so that his shaves last longer. Seems like a good idea to me!!!

Steve

I shave every day, usually in the morning between about 9:00 and 10:00 AM, but it can be other times depending what I'm doing that day.

i'm off on tuesday and thursday so i shave in the early afternoon, have plenty of time to get a good shave, then go have a few beers with friends. the shaves have been so close that i don't have to re shave monday, wednesday and friday.

there's always a plan B

Being retired, I shower and shave in the morning. I can take my time and enjoy my shave, thinking about the joys of the day ahead. When I worked in construction, I'd shower at night, my wife was glad of that habit. and shave in the early morning, at my leisure before the bathrooms got into rush hour. If we went out on a Friday or Saturday night I'd shave but shave again in the morning, my morning shave was my time and a time to think about the day ahead.

I've always been a morning shaver. Habit I guess. It would feel weird for me to shave at night consistently. Years ago, pre-marriage, I would sometimes shave on Friday nights or Saturday nights before going out.

Top Bottom