What's new

So Far

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So Far out of the SE razors I have tried I like the 1912 the best,actually a Ever-Ready 1912 to be specific
It just shaves the best, She hits all the marks.
I have tried 6 different 1912s-- Ever-Ready,Gem,2 Gem JRs,Star,Gem Damaskeene
2 Gem G-Bars (HFT)
4 1924 Ever-Readys
I have tried putting different Handles on some and that works real nice (I do that with my DEs as well)
I have yet to try The MMOC or the Clog proof or the bullet thing or the Streamline,so if anyone wants me to try These I'm open to give them a whirl :)001_smile)
I real want to get My hands on a Gem Junior Bar Lather Catcher and to see if What I have read is true "the Best Razor Ever Made"

So Far out of the SE razors I have tried I like the 1912 the best,actually a Ever-Ready 1912 to be specific
It just shaves the best, She hits all the marks.
I have tried 6 different 1912s-- Ever-Ready,Gem,2 Gem JRs,Star,Gem Damaskeene
2 Gem G-Bars (HFT)
4 1924 Ever-Readys
I have tried putting different Handles on some and that works real nice (I do that with my DEs as well)
I have yet to try The MMOC or the Clog proof or the bullet thing or the Streamline,so if anyone wants me to try These I'm open to give them a whirl :)001_smile)
I real want to get My hands on a Gem Junior Bar Lather Catcher and to see if What I have read is true "the Best Razor Ever Made"

You also need an ER 1914.

Nice collection so far, congrats!:thumbup1:

I have 5 different 1912s and the ER is my favorite too, but my ER 1914 is even better than the 1912s.

My favorite razor is also a $5 ER 1912. Its just a great razor! Even better then my $100+ Streamline. I also like the GEM Clug Pruf.

You can get a 10-32 set screw and use a DE handle on a 1912, and there are times I find it rather nice.

The 1912 is an excellent razor. I have a bunch (ER, British ER, GEM) as well and a Damaskeene which is OK, slightly milder. I rotate the 1912 with a 1914 and MMOC.
The Junior Bar Lather Catcher is a great razor. I used to be of the opinion it was the best ever. However, it is considerably milder than the 1912 and once I got the hang of the MMOC, which I treat as a shavette, I am more less inclined to use milder razors.

The 1924 and the Streamline would be at the end of the list of razors to try IMO. The 1924 I sold for next to nothing which was what I paid for it. No big hopes so no big let downs either. I did have higher hopes for the SL, but really, I found absolutely nothing exceptional about it.

Enjoy your SE ride!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
The 1914 ER came today ,can't wait until The Next Shave :thumbup:
$IMG_5303.jpg$IMG_5306.jpg$IMG_5307.jpg$IMG_5310.jpg$IMG_5327.jpg

Top Bottom