What's new

Calling all bike riders

Somehow I managed to seriously sidetrack a honing thread, but enough people seemed interested I thought I would gauge interest in bicycling. If it takes off well enough we might even get a sub-forum going. So if you are bike crazy weather it be a little or a lot chime in and lets see where it goes. I'll get the wheels rolling with a couple pics of my new steed. Cannondale Supersix Evo with Shimano Ultegra mechanicals.
$20160425_131208.jpg$20160425_201906.jpgView attachment 660527

Congratulations on the new ride! Currently I mostly ride a Seven Axiom with Dura Ace. I also have an old(er) Trek OCLV 5200, and a Waterford custom frame I am building back up after giving it a hiatus. That's it so far as the road bikes go. I wrenched in college and I love the feeling of keeping the things purring! :thumbup:

Someone stole my electra cruiser the other day.(bad neighborhood). Rode late and forgot to lock it.

Motivation to get my 8 speed Bianci Brava some new tubes and my wheel fixed. I haven't even ridden it yet but I hear they are nice.

$image.jpgI ride a fixed gear Cinelli on my daily commute averaging around 100 miles a week . I got into track cycling for a bit but recently sold one of my track bikes as getting time to ride at the velodrome is scarce . The picture is my since sold Koga Full Pro I also have a Nagasawa NJS track frame

I am currently working to get back into cycling. Main ride will be a heavy Panasonic Tourist which is a simple bike that will be set up for commuting, and I am currently refurbishing an old '74 Schwinn Le Tour road bike. Previously, I have been riding the mountain bike that i picked up in college so the Le Tour will be my cheap-ish entry into road bikes...

My road bike before this ride was a starter since I hadn't ridden in many many years, but it was a great ride and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I used it to find out if I wanted to ride again and to learn how to maintain and wrench my own stuff. I am keeping it and using it on my turbo trainer so I don't have to put my nice carbon frame in the trainer.

$20150920_092535.jpg
Mine is the big heavy beast on the right there.

Knocked out another 30 miles, but the weather wasn't with me today. A rain shower caught me while I was out at the far point of my ride so I got a good soaking on the way back.

Giant FC1 for me - the old style with the road stem, not the newer upright one. Threw a set of drops on it since I find a roadie riding position more comfy from years of riding sportbikes.

She's not ridden nearly enough with all of my jobs.

I am a roadie as well and need those drop bars. We have a fair bit of wind around here and it is nice to be able to get down out of it when I am trying to make speed.

Picked up some new bike bling and installed recently. I needed a slightly shorter stem and prefer a short reach ergo bar over a more traditional shape. While I was at it I removed the white Jagwire cables and replaced them with black Dura-ace cables. I have ridden dura-ace cables for a long time now and really like them. Very low friction and after the first day they seem to never stretch again. The stem is a 90mm Enve and the bars are Vision Metron's 4D aero-ergo bar.

$20160604_121650.jpg$20160604_132558.jpg$20160604_200525.jpg$20160604_211449.jpg$20160604_211543.jpg

Top Bottom