What's new

What to do with odds and ends?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Nothing new here, just a revisit twist on the old Franken-Stick from years ago.

I have a new soap container, which I have dubbed the "Poor Boy's brucered soap dish." :tongue_sm Those from the 3017 thread will understand exactly why I'm so excited about this repurposing of the container. :lol:

I transferred my remaining Klar Kabinett into it, but it looks soooo very empty and alone. :crying:
Of course, an eyelash (or was that a nosehair) decided to plop onto the soap for the picture. :lol:

Went under the sink and also down into my basement stash and came up with some partials from my stock.

Left to right;
- Valobra stick
- La Toja stick
- Mama Bear's Hydrogen stick
- Mama Bear's Hazelnut, and finally,
- Arko.

Chop chop chop on the cutting board while SWMBO is immersed in TV

and then hand-mash, snowball make, and then smoosh into the container (rinsing to get a nice shiny top, of course :tongue_sm) and we have ....

8 oz of nougat soap!!

Sweet!

Alas, I won't get to start on it tomorrow, as I noticed my Proraso Red tube has a puncture, so I'll be using that for the next month.:tongue_sm

Last edited by a moderator:
That's is an interesting idea. I've mashed bits of bath soap ends together to make a frankenbar before but not shave soap. Same principle in essence, will be interesting to hear how it works.

I did something similar, but I put it in a Pyrex measuring cup and zapped in the microwave, 8 seconds at a time, and blended it together, there's some bath soap ends in there too. That's what I'm using now, it works great! :thumbup1:

At first I though it would be a disaster but your cleaver use of a cutting board makes it look like a high end artisanal bath and body soap. I bet that ends up being a wonderful shave soap, thanks for the idea and I hope you don't mind me stealing your idea!

I have an odds and ends bowl as well. I've got some DR Harris Windsor, some Arko, some MWF and some AOS sandalwood slivers in there. The arko completely dominated the mix, so I shook in a bout .5 oz of Clubman and let it evaporate into the soap. It's now a nice, slick clubman scented soap!

Cool looking. I grind my odds and ends up and then mix them together. I then make them into a soap stick or put them in bowl. The last one I made consisted of MWF, Valobra, Tabac, MB unscented, and Arko.

A test lather came out great :thumbup1:, but I'm using my approx 1/3 tube of Proraso Red cream first, as I noticed it had a puncture.

Starting with 1/3 tube of Proraso Red cream sounds like you are stacking the deck here! :001_rolle

(And I would have more than enough cream to get a lot of shaves before hitting your Franken-puck!)

It has been a bit more consistent for me. THE soap is Arko. When a stick or puck runs low, I scoop it out, put a fresh one in the mug, and throw the old Arko on top of it. Last in, first out. I think I once threw in a last bit of Camelot, which is very similar to Arko.

Top Bottom