What's new

What to do with odds and ends?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My partial tube of Proraso Red finished today. On to nougat goodness in the morning!

Last edited by a moderator:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
The verdict is: It works just fine.

Better than "just fine," actually. The Klar Kabinett and Arko scents are gone, as are the two Mama Bear scents. What I am left with is a mildly scented soap that lathers easily and provides great cushion, while being almost as slick a Mama Bears was stand-alone.

I generally take any bits and pieces of shave soap and add it to my franken soap cup that I eventually use for bath soap.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I broke through the bottom last Wednesday (see pic) and after two more days of watching the donut hole grow, I reshaped into a mound in the center of my Mama Bears bowl. I hope to have it done before mid-October.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I too have a "scraps" bowl. When I'm down to the end I simply mash it in layers into the bowl. It's like a 12 layer dip now and you forget what and when you mashed in. Never know whats coming up next

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I reshaped the soap (now a soft croap) into a mound later that day, but 4 lathering later (2 shaves and 2 head shaves), I can now see the bottom of the dish coming through again. This will not last much past a week or so.

Buy a cheap, hand crank, meat grinder at an antique store, insert scraps, crank, and press into a bowl. You could regrind it after pressing into a block to get a more homogenous blend.

Top Bottom