What's new

Danish Hot Dogs

Ad Astra

The Instigator
While in Denmark last year, I'd read that Danes love hot dogs. It's true.

And they eat them, sometimes, a neat way: steamed dog with Remoulade sauce, and topped with crunchy fried onions.

Had to re-create this here. Why did I wait so long? Amazing.

Do this. Trust me.

Raw dog in raw bun. Wrap in paper towel. Nuke for 35 seconds.

Top with crunchy fried onions. Thank me later.

AA

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a hot dog.
$image.jpg

��

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yes, that one is prettier. But the Danish dog is flat out amazing.

back story: wife was in medical conference. I took the train to Aarhus, to see a Viking museum. Everything in Scandinavia countries is spendy ... Outside the art museum there was a few food truck vendors. This one was doing good business, so I nonchalantly ordered this thing, and splurged on a $5 Diet Pepsi. I swear, of all the great things we had on the trip, I didn't forget that amazing dog.

Worth trying here, I say. Has to be steamed, if fried this wouldn't be right at all. And it's a great excuse to buy the fried onions ... Don't need a green bean casserole.

Thanks for the positive and open minded comments - and the Norwegian confirm!

AA

makes me miss Der Wienerschnitzel... Are they still out there somewhere in America?
our Wienerschnitzel got morphed a couple of times (Weldon P. Wienerschnitzel and just plain Wienerschnitzel) then it got absorbed by Tastee-Freeze before closing up one day with no explanation. i got sicker than a dog eating a chili dog with chili fries. Never went back.

Top Bottom