What's new

Amazon Bonavita BV1900TS $120

Wow, that's a great price on a super coffee maker. I had the 1800, and now the 1900. I almost want to buy another at that price...

I have the older unit also. A great coffee machine approved by the SCAA. Secret is to pass 2 cups of water through first before making coffee in order to heat up element and other components to proper temp. I bought the thermal one but find I don't keep coffee hanging around long enough and switched to a mellita glass carafe. That is a great price.

I have the older unit also. A great coffee machine approved by the SCAA. Secret is to pass 2 cups of water through first before making coffee in order to heat up element and other components to proper temp. I bought the thermal one but find I don't keep coffee hanging around long enough and switched to a mellita glass carafe. That is a great price.

Interesting... I would not have thought of pre-heating the heating element. Perhaps you get a similar benefit by using the pre-soak setting? I don't use the pre-soak... I am usually anxious for first cup and not patient enough for the pre-soak. :blushing:

I still use the thermal carafe since I drink all AM long. I do pre-heat the carafe to extend the amount of time the coffee is hot. Does the Melitta glass grafe work with the Bonavita coffee basket? Did you notice a taste difference?

Interesting... I would not have thought of pre-heating the heating element. Perhaps you get a similar benefit by using the pre-soak setting? I don't use the pre-soak... I am usually anxious for first cup and not patient enough for the pre-soak. :blushing:

I still use the thermal carafe since I drink all AM long. I do pre-heat the carafe to extend the amount of time the coffee is hot. Does the Melitta glass grafe work with the Bonavita coffee basket? Did you notice a taste difference?

The Bonavita brewer is a European Mellita brewer (re-branded). Perfect fit.

Top Bottom