Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 111

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
You must be rich.

Aaron,
You know better than that!! Now had you said, "You must be an alcoholic.".......

Actually, we made a quick trip to San Antonio and the booze here is so much cheaper than back home. Basically I saved $60. So I stock up everytime we visit San Antonio or Houston.
Bought the McClellands because I have never tried it and at $20 you can't go wrong!

I have never seen McLelland's malt before- I will be interested to read your thoughts. Love the Laphroaig.

martym

I have never seen McLelland's malt before- I will be interested to read your thoughts. Love the Laphroaig.

I did not care for the McClelland's. Tried it just a few minutes ago. For me it had no flavor other than alcohol. A little burn but for me zero flavor. It will have to be mixed with something. I am not into alcohol abuse so I will finish the bottle but won't buy another. Still, it should work for mixing and at $20 for the bottle I can't ask for more than that!

I too find it, hmm, a bit too subdued. But I like the smokey Islays. Here is what the website says to expect from the Highland they produce. I took mine to a tasting and some of the younger palates seemed impressed.
Nose:

Sandal and cedar wood fuse with the sweetness of buttercream and fresh vanilla. A little water opens-up the Highland aroma, adding dark treacle and fresh Scottish gooseberries.
Palate:
A well-balanced combination of the sweetness of malt and the aridity of salt. Traces of gooseberry and a hint of lime complete this fine example of Highland Malt.
As Nick Offerman said, "This isn't Lagavulin."
:w00t: Perhaps you are correct and it can be used for cocktails. :thumbup1:

martym

Nice selection. Laphroaig Cask Strength and Four Roses Single Barrel are two of my favorites.

They are both quite scrumpdillyumcious!!!
Ardbeg 10
Lagavulin 16

are my go to's

I love sitting, watching a baseball game, and sipping great tasting spirits!

I did not care for the McClelland's. Tried it just a few minutes ago. For me it had no flavor other than alcohol. A little burn but for me zero flavor. It will have to be mixed with something. I am not into alcohol abuse so I will finish the bottle but won't buy another. Still, it should work for mixing and at $20 for the bottle I can't ask for more than that!

I had the same experience. Would not purchase again.

Top Bottom