What's new

Duke Cannon shaving cream

Duke Cannon's products came to my attention last year when my brother received their Big A.. Brick of Soap in his Christmas stocking.

I ended up ordering a couple bars for myself and was generally pleased with them.

I was placing and order on Amazon and once again got snookered by their "buy $13.00 more to get free shipping." After an exhaustive search, I saw Duke Cannon now does shaving cream.

Has any one else tried it? If not, it appears I am now obligated to post a review after I receive my parcel from Amazon.

Duke Cannon was the very first shaving cream I bought when I converted to wet shaving two years ago. I had read a couple of reviews on it and they were all good. My experience was not so good. I could never get it to lather and the shave was not good at all. I tried about a half dozen times before I gave up About a year later I tried one more time and ended up tossing it in the trash.

Hopefully others can offer you some feedback but based on my experience I would not recommend it. I'm now sorry I didn't keep it, I would have just mailed it to you. Lesson learned.

I understand the shaving cream is the brushless variety. I have not tried it. The bar soap is outstanding. It has replaced the soap pump for washing my hands. It creates a fast lather and rinses easily and smells great.

It arrived with enough time to squeeze a shave in before going to work.

What? I work second shift, sometimes I feel like skipping a day.

Anyway, tried lathering up using a brush. I got a weak lather that did an ok job. I'll give it a shot as a brushless next time and post the results.

It doesn't lather. I think you're supposed to just spread it on your face with your hands. Wish I'd known that before I bought a tube. I binned it.

Like their "Big ***" bath soaps, though.

Top Bottom