What's new

Wolfman SB Arrived - My Thoughts

I've had my Wolfman polished DC since last May and it was my RAD killer as well. I liked it so much that I got the other two heads and some handles before the price increase...

..I know what you are thinking...

I have two boys and they will definitely be passed down to them and we're expecting a 3rd son. Definitely heirloom quality with custom engraving he offers.

Same here. After using my Wolfman OC for about a year (and loving it) I sold a few razors and used the proceeds to acquire two more Wolfmen (another OC and a SB) that will eventually be gifted to my two boys. It sounds like you need to acquire a fourth! : )

Same here. After using my Wolfman OC for about a year (and loving it) I sold a few razors and used the proceeds to acquire two more Wolfmen (another OC and a SB) that will eventually be gifted to my two boys. It sounds like you need to acquire a fourth! : )
Your sons have a wonderful father.

Best razor out there. Almost magical. Remarkably smooth and efficient.

Mine is the OC in Brass. Beautiful to behold. Each of my 3 sons got the OC in Brass as their XMAS present last year. $DSC02666.jpg

Attachments

• $DSC02705.jpg
    $DSC02705.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Here's my Wolfman with a UFO Tornado handle. I own around 60 razors including ATT, Weber, R41 and a lot of old vintage razors.
If I had to keep just one, this would be it.
$wmstarburst.jpg

New activity on the Wolfman website: New Pictures and a Twitter account. The re-opening of the wait list can't be that far-off.:thumbup:

Did the half and half shave. The Weber felt a little milder, like just the tiniest part of the blade was exposed to cut the whiskers. Forgiving if you like to use a little more pressure. Again a more intuitive shave angle because of the amount of surface area on the edges of the head. Look at the pictures above to see how the blade is in line with the arc created by the cap and plate. The Wolfman only has a small amount of steel to touch against the face which makes it just a bit more difficult to find the shave angle but again the blade does not extend too far beyond the line of the cap and plate. The Wolfman does feel a bit more nimble because of the flatter head which makes it easier to get under the nose. I'd often miss hairs there with the Weber.

Yesterday and today I focused on less pressure and the shave went very well. It does seem a little closer and it feels more like the blade is slicing with less pulling. There was a bit of irritation yesterday and I didn't use AS today going for lotion. That's my one concern longer term, if there is more irritation I won't like it. But so far it seems about the same as the Weber.

I'd compare them to cars:

The Weber is like a Honda. Well built, reliable, smooth, forgiving, not terribly exciting.

The Wolfman is like a BMW. Very well built, beautiful, high performance, but not uncomfortable.

I like your car analogy. It will also be interesting how and if you change after you have had awhile with your new Wolfman.

For me, the Weber is indeed like a Honda.

However, my Wolfman is more like a Lamborghini Gallardo delivering precisely what I want when I want it! Clearly, YMMV!

Yesterday and today I focused on less pressure and the shave went very well. It does seem a little closer and it feels more like the blade is slicing with less pulling. There was a bit of irritation yesterday and I didn't use AS today going for lotion. That's my one concern longer term, if there is more irritation I won't like it. But so far it seems about the same as the Weber.

I'd compare them to cars:

The Weber is like a Honda. Well built, reliable, smooth, forgiving, not terribly exciting.

The Wolfman is like a BMW. Very well built, beautiful, high performance, but not uncomfortable.

I used a Weber almost exclusively until I got a Wolfman. At first, the shaves from my Wolfman OC resulted in a little irritation and just weren't as comfortable as my Webers. That all changed after using the Wolfman for a few weeks, and eventually I got to the point where I didn't use my Webers at all. I ended up gifting my DLC to my brother and I recently sold my PH. I suggest sticking with the Wolfman for at least a few weeks before forming any conclusions.

$Wolfmen.jpg

I think that's good advice regardless of the razor! Even when I bought my Weber PH I had a LOT of irritation the first week or so. If I had judged it just on that week I never would have used it again.

Now when I use my 34C when I'm on travel I tend to get razor burn because I end up using more pressure and more passes trying to get as close of a shave as I get with my Weber with no irritation lol.

Hopefully Wolfman will start taking orders again soon, this razor really has me intrigued. I'm not sure if I can decide between OC and SB!

Hopefully Wolfman will start taking orders again soon, this razor really has me intrigued. I'm not sure if I can decide between OC and SB!

In my opinion, the shaving experience with the OC and SB is virtually indistinguishable. This could be entirely in my head but there might be a touch more "blade feel" with the OC, as the SB seems to be slightly more comfortable while shaving. However, my face is slightly more comfortable post-shave with the OC, presumably due to the additional lather that remains between the combs while shaving. As far as I'm concerned, there is no wrong/better choice between the two. And I suppose there is always the dual comb version for those who can't choose one over the other!

I will definitely give it an extended run to compare. What I typically like to do is use the new razor a few times by itself, then compare against my "control" side by side, then go back to the new razor for a few weeks, then use the "control" for a few days by itself, and maybe a side by side.

Another great shave today without irritation.

Loaded it with a Feather today. Too harsh, even with me being very careful and conscious of pressure.

Yes, the brass tarnishes. Cleans up easily to a brilliant shine. I use Maas metal polish. Works incredibly well without scratching the brass. Next time I get I clean my razor, I will post before and after shots.

Top Bottom