What's new

New member, amazing forum here!

Hello everyone, Steve here checking in from Minneapolis Minnesota.

First and foremost I want to commend this group in general, never have I seen a better and more helpful forum group on the internet!

I found my way here in an odd way. I basically as a teenager first tried disposables, but with the typical pimples and stuff my mother quickly got me a electric, and I stuck with those beasts in a few forms till the nice age of 33, aka a couple months ago.

I always have had issues with ingrown hairs-irritation in my necki area, I recently purchased a self cleaning spangled electric maybe 8 months ago in the hopes it would fix things, no luck. I noticed at my job a couple co-workers didn't seem to share my issues, though they both seemed to have thinner skin than I, so I finally inquired and both of them use cartridge razors like the mach3.

So next step in my progression I went out, bought a mach 3 style razor, and nivea creme and balm, and my god what a difference, and this frankly was very enjoyable and sparked my interest. So I decided to research shaving and first found this article http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6886845/ "Which is great btw" Shortly followed by this great forum.

I have now decided to delve into the world of wet shaving, my Gf has said she will allow me to get a set and I am going to wait for this to be released because I like the look, and am going to sneak a Merkur HD into the order for variety sake.

Plus I am sure I will try a few balms-creams-soaps and blade variety packs, plus I live right by a crabtree&evelyn, so that's kinda nice.

Anyway just wanted to say hi, and I will post my progress once the barberpole set is released.

Steve

Welcome, Steve! Sounds like you're on your way to some great and enjoyable shaves. Enjoy this place too - some very fine folks here.

Looks like a fantastic start, Steve -- welcome to B&B!

As for your order from Lee's, I think that the HD will be almost too similar to the razor that comes with the set you've shown. I'd suggest saving the $ to buy a Gillette tech or superspeed (often available at good prices here in the BST thread) or, if you're feeling a bit daring, make the second razor from Lee a slant (you'll want to be certain to master the set razor first, though, before you try the slant). Have fun exploring, and let us know how those first shaves go!

Hello Steve and welcome to the B&B! We certainly hope that your transition into wetshaving will be a pleasurable experience. You seem to have everything in order. For blade variety packs, many here would suggest a sampler pack from West Coast Shaving. Keep us updated.

Welcome to B&B. You might want to give your girlfriend a heads up now that that will not be the only razor gracing your bathroom by the time the year is out. Tell her to make room in the closet for the soaps and creams you'll be purchasing as well.

Top Bottom