What's new

Gun belt recommendations.

I am in search of a belt that will specifically handle an M&P Shield 9mm for IWB and OWB.
What would you recommend?

Thank you,
Mark

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Our own Robert Dorris makes a great gun belt, here is a member here, the forum name is Eaglestroker, I believe.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Milt Sparks is a classic source for leather belts and holsters. What ever source you use make sure it is specifically designed as a gun belt, not something from a western wear store, etc.

I like Alien Gear: http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-gun-belt.html

"It all begins with our drum dyed English Bridle leather. Its strength is only matched by its comfort and softness. Once it has been carefully drum dyed and hand cut to meet the specifications of the customer, we then embed a spring-steel core between two layers of 7 oz. leather. . Continue reading at: http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-gun-belt.html"

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
5.11 Double Duty TDU Belt:

http://www.511tactical.com/double-duty-tdu-belt-1-5.html

Love mine. It's flexible, but very stiff edge to edge. I find that I do need to wear an undershirt (I use A-shirts) with it however, as it can be a bit abrasive on the waistline without. It's a good idea to do that for IWB carry anyway.

+1 I'm with James on the 5.11. I have two, black & flat dark earth and black and OD. Riggers belts are also nice if you have to carry more gear than just a gun and extra magazine.

I haven't worn a "gun belt" since I was in uniform a looooong time ago.

As long as your belt width matches, or nearly so, the slots on your holster, and can be tightened to a degree that securely prevents movement hindering a smooth draw and re-holster, you're GTG.

Find a sturdy leather belt and use it. Replace it when it wears out. Spending, up to, hundred of dollars is laughable. Don't.

I would highly suggest you avoid the "tacti-cool" look for civilian carry. Bad guys know what tacti-cool, and duty belts, look like. Becoming a SMF is not a great idea.

(Rant ON)

Look, you've posted about which weapon to buy and now gear. I get that, I do. But the truth is that most of it is marketing.

There are two things you need to gunfight. A weapon, and the willingness to kill another human being. (Read this sentence again, or as many times as you need.) Have both.

The rest, mostly, depends on you. (And, remember, a jury will hear this, because they will dig into your life.)

Think about your situational awareness. And this is greatly simplified. Your ability to understand body language and how people posture themselves before an attack. Your ability to avoid situations where you have to defend your life. Where you park your car. What neighborhood you live in. Your ability to deal with people. Your demeanor when out in public; do you look people in the eye? Or, do you not? What did you do to avoid the confrontation?

You will be judged on it all.

Along this line, answer me this: When you walk into a grocery store, what is the first thing you do?

All more important than a belt.

(Rant OFF)

Your Mileage Will Vary - Greatly

Last edited:
I haven't worn a "gun belt" since I was in uniform a looooong time ago.

As long as your belt width matches, or nearly so, the slots on your holster, and can be tightened to a degree that securely prevents movement hindering a smooth draw and re-holster, you're GTG.

Find a sturdy leather belt and use it. Replace it when it wears out. Spending, up to, hundred of dollars is laughable. Don't.

I would highly suggest you avoid the "tacti-cool" look for civilian carry. Bad guys know what tacti-cool, and duty belts, look like. Becoming a SMF is not a great idea.

(Rant ON)

Look, you've posted about which weapon to buy and now gear. I get that, I do. But the truth is that most of it is marketing.

There are two things you need to gunfight. A weapon, and the willingness to kill another human being. (Read this sentence again, or as many times as you need.) Have both.

The rest, mostly, depends on you. (And, remember, a jury will hear this, because they will dig into your life.)

Think about your situational awareness. And this is greatly simplified. Your ability to understand body language and how people posture themselves before an attack. Your ability to avoid situations where you have to defend your life. Where you park your car. What neighborhood you live in. Your ability to deal with people. Your demeanor when out in public; do you look people in the eye? Or, do you not? What did you do to avoid the confrontation?

You will be judged on it all.

Along this line, answer me this: When you walk into a grocery store, what is the first thing you do?

All more important than a belt.

(Rant OFF)

Your Mileage Will Vary - Greatly

Jack, That was quite a post. One that has "hit home" and one that I will take very seriously.
Thank you for taking the time out to help me.
Mark

Jack, That was quite a post. One that has "hit home" and one that I will take very seriously.
Thank you for taking the time out to help me.
Mark

Don't thank me. I only want you to survive. I want you to go home to your family every day. They love you and need you to be the husband, father, uncle, grand-father, brother, cousin, whatever it is you are.

You've asked good questions; the answers to which are not simple as some of the answers you've gotten.

Too many think it's a simple matter to pick up a weapon and carry it every day; it isn't. The weight alone is a reminder of the life altering effects of pulling a trigger that occur in a millisecond. No one is going to pin a medal on you for killing some thug. Quite the opposite these days. Be ready for it...personally, legally, and financially.

If it sounds like I'm trying to dissuade you, I am not. Spend your money on training not over-priced, over-hyped gear you don't need.

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
For me it's the beer, but never in "condition white", Jeff taught me better than that!

Me too John, except I'm usually in condition Black as there is always a run on the beer aisle.

Sometimes...when I get to the checkout with my 12 pack...I don't remember what happened.

Top Bottom