What's new

My new Strop arrived

Just wanted to share the good news... :w00t:

-3”
-Horween oil tanned horsehide
-Natural linen
-Norwegian natural horsehide crust leather 3ply paddle

From Mr. Torolf @ Scrupleworks

Can't wait to get home and test this baby...
...just need to tell the boss that im feeling a bit ill :lol:
$IMG_2949.jpg$IMG_2954.jpg$IMG_2955.jpg$IMG_2956.jpg

That's a beauty. I really like the two tone contrast. Does "crust leather" mean the same thing as top grain leather?

I used it this morning and it was superb, can't imagine getting better. May time and use prove you right 😁

This will be my first "good" strop, and the difference is abysmal, the blade just slides and sings as it dances during the passes, and the edge... undiscribeble...

I'm glad I did I not but a quality one since the beginning (leather bits allover the place), but I'm sure happy that I did upgrade.

Now I just need a new one for traveling 😂😂😂

This will be my first "good" strop, and the difference is abysmal, the blade just slides and sings as it dances during the passes, and the edge... undiscribeble...

I'm glad I did I not but a quality one since the beginning (leather bits allover the place), but I'm sure happy that I did upgrade.

Now I just need a new one for traveling 

Totally agree! Starting with a cheaper strop is nearly mandatory for those of us with slim budgets, but once you have gotten stropping down pat you will never regret a quality strop and Torolf's are some of the very best.

Gorgeous!
I love making strops myself, though I've only made a couple. Need to find some good leather, and have at it again. :)

Top Bottom