What's new

Anyone find Proraso overrated?

No kidding! I can't even explain to people why I have so many soaps and creams! :blush::lol:

Yeah I think I'm finally down to <40 soaps and creams in my den (NOT counting spares/replacements and samples).

I was at 110+ at the beginning of the month. :p Had to do some serious den-thinning!

I'm on the other side of the pound so could you explain what "cop" means used in this way? Thanks!

"Was it much cop?" = 'Was it any good?"
"Not much cop" = "Not very good". Though 'cop' alone doesn't mean 'good'. You wouldn't say "That was a cop meal". The expression has to be taken/used as a whole, like the examples given above. :blink:

"Was it much cop?" = 'Was it any good?"
"Not much cop" = "Not very good". Though 'cop' alone doesn't mean 'good'. You wouldn't say "That was a cop meal". The expression has to be taken/used as a whole, like the examples given above. :blink:

Now I understand, cheers!

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
For those of you who say that Proraso is overpriced, what shaving cream out there is better than Proraso and costs $10.00 or less? Is it a little better or a lot better?

Godrej red. I get it in the middle east for about a buck a tube. online for I think around $4 last time I ordered any. Softens whiskers really fast, leaves a fresh, moist feeling on the face. Slick, with good cushion. No lingering smell. Hate when my cream or soap clashes with my AS or cologne. Proraso is good, but Godrej red is better IMHO. And much cheaper.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Did use the Pro Green cream this a.m., and it did better than the Pro Green croap tub.

If anyone's on the fence, the tube edges out the tub, IMHO. :tongue_sm

AA

I use the Proraso green cream. I like it, however I like the Arko and TOBS creams better. Looking forward to trying Palmolive and LaToja to see how they compare.

I really enjoy the green. I was a tallow/hard soap snob for a long time. My buddy convinced me to pick some up and I fell in love. Haven't tried the other varieties though.

I'd say it's overrated as it's an average product. Nothing special in my opinion. The green menthol one is decent but the others don't do anything for me.

I get better slickness out of traditional soaps, and more cushion out of creams.
I find other creams like TOBS over priced for its performance. Don't get me wrong, TOBS is alright.. But I find it on par at best with proraso's performance. I can't justify paying more for something new, when it didn't blow the older one away. So a lot of times with other creams I'm paying just for a scent. I can get a pro'-tub for 8 bucks and some change.. doesn't break my bank.
IMO, proraso is the benchmark (price and performance), that I rate other creams to/against, but sure there are other creams I enjoy..

"For those of you who say that Proraso is overpriced, what shaving cream out there is better than Proraso and costs $10.00 or less? Is it a little better or a lot better?"

Shaving cream... For me, Speick beats it, so does Euro Palmolive.

I've used Speick. I'm not a fan of the scent but it was a good performer. For me, Speick is in the same neighborhood as Proraso, not notably better, not notably worse. It is a lesser value though. Given Amazon's current pricing, Speick at $7.50 for 2.5 oz. tube is $3 per ounce. Proraso at $10.00 for a 5.2 oz. tube is $1.92 an oz.

I haven't had the pleasure of using Palmolive shave cream but I've heard good things about it. I'll have to give it a try some day.

Proraso Green will always be in my top 10. Use it a couple times month. To me the smell is addictive and I always get great shaves with it.
I don't know what it is about the medicinal smell of the green (I buy C. O. Bigelow buy 2 get 1 @ Bath and Body Works) and the shaves are good.

"For those of you who say that Proraso is overpriced, what shaving cream out there is better than Proraso and costs $10.00 or less? Is it a little better or a lot better?"

Godrej red. I get it in the middle east for about a buck a tube. online for I think around $4 last time I ordered any. Softens whiskers really fast, leaves a fresh, moist feeling on the face. Slick, with good cushion. No lingering smell. Hate when my cream or soap clashes with my AS or cologne. Proraso is good, but Godrej red is better IMHO. And much cheaper.

I haven't had the pleasure of using Godrej. (I haven't even heard of it before now.) It's another one I'm going to have to try.

I haven't had the pleasure of using Godrej. (I haven't even heard of it before now.) It's another one I'm going to have to try.

It's one of the more popular Indian creams but I'm not personally familiar with it. Now Nivea I am and I would rate it higher in performance than Proraso and it's a bit lower at about $4 for 100ml vs $7 for 150ml.

For those of you who say that Proraso is overpriced, what shaving cream out there is better than Proraso and costs $10.00 or less? Is it a little better or a lot better?

I like and use Proraso. I think Biotique Bio Palmyra cream is a lot better in terms of performance and post shave feel. It sells for $9 for 180g. There are a number of creams I find the same or even slightly better than Proraso at the same cost.

I like and use Proraso. I think Biotique Bio Palmyra cream is a lot better in terms of performance and post shave feel. It sells for $9 for 180g. There are a number of creams I find the same or even slightly better than Proraso at the same cost.

I'm glad I asked the question, Biotique Bio Palmyra is another one I've never heard of. Now I want to try some but I already have too many creams!

Top Bottom