What's new

What is your favourite ink colour?

There is no need to narrow it down to brand, batch no. etc... a simple blue, green or purple will suffice!

I worked with a guy for many years who refused to use blue ink- ballpoints, rollerballs, pens... just not blue.
I also had another colleague who wrote all of his trade tickets in green (you can imagine how many years back that might have been).

My favourite - Green

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Iroshizuku Yamabudo. Hard to describe - maybe dark pink with a touch of red thrown in. I definitely prefer the reds.

I could say purple, and have tried a wide range of purples, but for various reasons, it isn't the color I actually use the most.

Based on usage, it would have to be a range of blues that are perceptibly blue, not blue-blacks where you have to look twice.

For use, it's blue (or blue-black), which make up 95% of my FP writing. But I really love looking at greens -- sadly I have had bad luck finding one I can live with longterm. Someday I'll find The One.

If I am writing/signing anything professionally, it is blue. Period. I will use a variety of shades as long as it is clearly distinct from printed black.

All my grading is done in red. My students have written poems cursing my red pens.

Generally Speaking Royal Blue, blue/black, black, but I`m enjoying non blues or blacks these days as well.

Legion

Staff member
Redish-purple. I use a dark purple-violet that I mixed myself for work, and at home I use Noodlers BSIAR.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Although I use a wide variety of colors, I probably use some form of Blue-Black the most, followed closely by Black. Iroshizuku Shin-kai is my fave BB, but I use quite a bit of Bad Belted Kingfisher for permanence. Not too particular about the black, usually Bullet Proof Black. Dark gray I like Lexington gray. Still looking for the perfect green, most are too light for anything other than Christmas cards, I want something darker for every day use. Perhaps something along the blue-green or teal lines, dark but more green than blue. A formal green. Still looking for the right brown as well. So far I like Rome Burning pretty well as my brown good for daily use. Red-purple I like Black Swan In Australian Roses, Antietam and Ancient Copper.

Last edited:
Private Reserve's Chocolat. For some reason I can't recall, I have always been partial to brown colored writing inks.

Before I retired from Federal employment, I signed several reports in brown ink, using my then Parker 45. The 'Office Manager' a.k.a. busybody, informed me brown was not a legal signature. She asked the agency's lawyer to confirm this. His response letter, stating "not so" was signed in emerald green fountain pen ink with his Mont Blanc.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I use dark red.

For the pass around here at B and B, I got a small bottle of dark red. So I use that one.

I commonly use blue, green and purple ink. In blue I prefer Sheaffer Skrip and Herbin Eclat de Saphir. Two green inks I favour are Pelikan Edelstein and Diamine Emerald. Finally, I highly appreciate Diamine Imperial Purple. There are some other inks around in my drawer but these are very seldom used.

Before I retired from Federal employment, I signed several reports in brown ink, using my then Parker 45. The 'Office Manager' a.k.a. busybody, informed me brown was not a legal signature. She asked the agency's lawyer to confirm this. His response letter, stating "not so" was signed in emerald green fountain pen ink with his Mont Blanc.

Righteous! :thumbup:

At work, my options are black or black, so that's what I use the most. My favorite ink, though, is a bright royal blue (Iroshizuku Asa Gao is currently my choice).

Top Bottom