What's new

Best way to Reheat Steak

I will wet the steak under running water to re-introduce moisture,
then I put it in an 8" covered cast-iron skillet on medium heat for about 5 minutes.

If I have any other leftovers like potatoes or vegetables,
they get the same treatment,
and the whole meal gets reheated at the same time.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
If you have leftover steak in a vacuum sealed bag just throw into a pot of boiling water for 20.97 seconds for a quick warm-up.

As dmp802 says. I put mine in a skillet on very low to low medium heat. Drizzle a small amount of water on it and put a lid on. It keeps it moist and the slower you can heat it the better it is. We do this often as we get greedy at cook time and often have leftovers. Higher heats dry it out. This is without a doubt the best way. We've reheated steaks that are nearly as good as when first cooked.

hopefully by now the OP's steak became a tasty second meal...

in any case, the following has worked very well for me many times:

1. gently warm the steak in a low oven, around 250 (F) until the internal temp reaches about 110 or so.
2. then sear in a hot pan with a little oil to get that nice crust back.
3. enjoy your perfect mid-rare steak!

try this, you can't tell the steak was a leftover

IF, for some reason I have leftover steak (probably what my wife didn't eat), I never reheat it. Typically after a few beers and getting the munchies around 12 am, I just grab that cold steak out of the fridge and eat it by hand with no warming involved! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Is this looked down upon?

IF, for some reason I have leftover steak (probably what my wife didn't eat), I never reheat it. Typically after a few beers and getting the munchies around 12 am, I just grab that cold steak out of the fridge and eat it by hand with no warming involved! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Is this looked down upon?

Works for me.. And a fine substitute for cold pizza. :001_smile

Top Bottom