What's new

Tiny Houses

It isn't the size. I love small. My home is only 1300sqft. It seems large on an acre wooded lot. Although it is amazing with three of us and a dog how quickly you fill crap up and need a shed and the shed gets full too. For me it is the cost of these mobile tiny homes. It just doesn't seem like a good deal price wise once you have to spend 70K on a vehicle just to move it. I really like the airstream or vintage trailer idea. Now if you live in a really cold area a tiny house is a really good idea. Only I would just buy the land and build normal small house better deal for the money.

Hope this does not stray too far from the OP's original reason for this thread, but my brother-in-law just happened send me this photo today saying my wife and I might appreciate this more than most folks. This was a "cramper from the 20s".

$20s Cramper.JPG

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Netflix had a documentary on it (maybe it's still on). The idea is to have a really cheap place to live and you spend your money on other stuff like restaurants and traveling. A lot of them are living in really small places that they mainly use to sleep, eat and have a shelter when it rains. The title was "Tiny" I think.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Netflix had a documentary on it (maybe it's still on). The idea is to have a really cheap place to live and you spend your money on other stuff like restaurants and traveling. A lot of them are living in really small places that they mainly use to sleep, eat and have a shelter when it rains. The title was "Tiny" I think.

You save money on housing, so you can eat out all the time? Nah, I like to cook from time to time.

When we were driving home from FL we saw on I- 10 near San Antonio, TX a few companies that sold plans for tiny houses. They had some model homes up for inspection and we were tempted to stop off and look at them - but decided to move on.

A LOT of my meals are out, but thats partly single life and partly busy busy busy, but it can be done pretty darned cheap if you know where to go.

Top Bottom