What's new

Single vs. Multiple passes

Gents,

How many of you actually do a single pass with touch up? I know I can't get a BBS or DFS with this because my technique is not there yet. I did a single pass with touch up yesterday at 3 am (had to do the 3 S's and get out the door for work) I thought and felt it was a good shave and passable especially for being on a jobsite at 5 am.

I am curious, I know that multiple passes gets a better shave but also does more skin damage. So how many do the one pass?

I will do an office-ready single pass, if I don't have the time to do a full shave. It won't be BBS all over, but it will get me to dinner without looking like a slob.

I personally can get away with a single pass for a good enough shave, but I prefer a double. When I move to a triple I run the risk of a lot more irritation. But my beard grows a bit slower and I don't feel it maybe as tough as others.

Never could get what I would call a good enough/passable shave that would last from a single pass. I must have bad technique because my normal shave is 4 passes without tearing my face up. Everyone's beard is different so you really have to do what works for you.

Bob

I to can get by with a single pass but prefer 2-3 and sometimes 4 for the true BBS but only 4 on that special occasion.

I get by with a single pass on a shavette. If I see some errant orphan hairs and I have time then I do a second pass (but just targeting those hairs specifically).

Depends for me. I have only used a shavette. I usually do two passes, three if my wife has been complaining about me being scratchy recently.

I can definitely never get away with a single pass as my facial hair grows in so many directions it isn't even funny. The Only way I can get by and still be within regs on 1 pass is to do an Against the grain pass right out of the gate and do a little bit of buffing and work the cleanup pass into this pass. It works but more often than not, although I have a BBS shave, I do get some irritation this way so I often avoid it at all costs.

For me i have to do at least 2 pass whit touch up, my beard is thick and grows really fast. Most of my straight shaves are 3 pass whit touch up, i dont get irritation either. Even if i straight shave i have to shave everyday.

I am pretty much always 2 passes. A third gets certain spots VERY irritated and susceptible to ingrown hairs...mostly on my neck. 2 for me is the magic number. For reference, when I travel for work and don't have to check a bag (about 50% of the time) I just pack a cart razor...and I shave 1 pass every other day and get irritation no matter what (fresh blade, etc). On the straight I can shave every day, 2 passes, and get no irritation whatsoever.

One pass for everyday shaving.. I get a really decent one pass with my feather ss.
When I have a date or stepping around town I will go for a BBS shave

2 pass minimum for me as I have growth in both directions. I could get away with one pass if I really had to but I always push for BBS just because I love the feel and I usually have the time.

Single vs multiple passes is like deciding between single and multiple beers.

Either choice is fine, but results in a different outcome.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
My usual shave is a single pass, whether with straight, shavette, injector, DE, or wedge blade SE. My straights are particularly sharp, though, and with the average shave ready straight honed elsewhere I will probably end up doing two WTG passes. I only go the whole enchilada when I am traveling far, and need my shave to last more than a full day. Then, I will go 2 WTG and one ATG pass.

A good skin stretch makes a lot of difference. Just sayin. So does a nice runny lather.

Single pass? Skin damage? Always three passes for me and very seldom any damage. Otherwise i agree with [MENTION=6128]Seraphim[/MENTION] he's a wise man.

Skickat från min Nexus 10 via Tapatalk

Top Bottom