What's new

Brutalt Bra

So, since Bull Goose has the Brutalt Bra soap, I bought both the Norwegion Woods and the Original scent. My wife's family is from Norway, so I figured, how bad can it be? I mean, her dad's relatives still own the farm that they had in the early 1900s. Anyway, I was wondering what you all thought of the soap, the scents in particular? I'm never sure how much "limited edition" is really limited, but if the soap is made in "small batches" like the blog says, then I guess the price is ok? I don't know what all is involved in getting it from Norway. But what are the thoughts? I haven't really been able to find good reviews of the stuff.

Thanks, Dave

I am part of the one brand group but I order soaps for my brother up the road in Canada (cheaper this way!) and test most everything.

I used a tin last autumn. Simple ingredient list like MdC but nothing like it. This is a world class soap imo. Great lavender scent. The new Spruce is a really nice scent too and hopefully Hallgeir Bergum will offer it up as a regular soap as well. The lather and post shave are wonderful for me. One of the top soaps I've had the pleasure of using.

Bergum is a chemist who spent two years perfecting it to his liking. He knows what he was doing with this formula. I wouldn't even call it artisan. Top tier.

I love this soap, though I might be biased.

It has a great lavender scent as mentioned, the consistesy is delightful. Soft and easy to lather.
The only problem for me is the small tin, usually i transfer it to a bigger tin.

Locally it costs about $28. It is indeed made in small batches, as it more often than not is sold out even here.

Norwegian Spruce. Great scent. Bergum made 200 tins of the LE for Bullgoose. The tins are thinner and much wider. Not sold out yet.[emoji1362]

I know. Let's hope our friend south of Trondheim (great town) can keep sourcing that wonderful EO[emoji1363][emoji122]

Is there a spruce scent as i understand?Where can we find the spruce scented soap?

I bought mine here.

I just received it yesterday and I took if for a spin this morning. My first impressions are that this is a fantastic soap. I found it very slick and the post shave feel was phenomenal.
The scent was pretty week in the tin but developed once I lathered the soap. It is a straight forward spruce scent that I really enjoyed.
The scent reminded my of Fitjar Woods cream from several years back, another great product made in Norway. Can't wait to give the
soap another go during my next shave.

I have the original Brutalt Bra soap with the mild lavender scent. Is it ever nice. IMHO, it's even better than the two Fitjar soaps I tried.

Thank you Andreassti1. I will look in to that. So are you able to buy these in shops where you are or do you have to order online? I hope to visit Norway some day. My great grandfather (Tilseth) immigrated from Norway to Canada, then down into Minnesota in the early 1900s.

Thank you Andreassti1. I will look in to that. So are you able to buy these in shops where you are or do you have to order online? I hope to visit Norway some day. My great grandfather (Tilseth) immigrated from Norway to Canada, then down into Minnesota in the early 1900s.

No problem :) They have a shop in Oslo, so if you come one day, and you should, you can get it there :) well then you are practically Norwegian, and you should own both "Brutalt Bra" and one of Fitjars soaps :)

The soap is for sale in a couple of shaving shops in Norway (im Norwegian)
but the only one i found right now is
Bergums Såpkokeri Brutalt Bra Barbersåpe - Original

Not sure if they send international. the site is only in Norwegian, If not, maybe i can helt you out?

I tried the pine one. First i found the price high, you get a 100 grams in a small steel tin.
The scent was ok but very subdued.
performance was ok but IMO not on par with the price.
I used it a couple of times and passed it on, maybe i shoud have used it longer to give it a fair impression.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I tried the pine one. First i found the price high, you get a 100 grams in a small steel tin.
The scent was ok but very subdued.
performance was ok but IMO not on par with the price.
I used it a couple of times and passed it on, maybe i shoud have used it longer to give it a fair impression.

That's the one -- the ari pine -- I wished to try. Maybe the spruce too. But yeah, the price is pretty high.
Thanks for the response, Techman!

Top Bottom