What's new

The World's 10 Coolest Barbershops

Brooklyn is the closest for me, too ... but probably a 3 HR drive, and another 6 hours to find a parking place.

It will be easier of I just fly over to London and take an taxi from the airport to one of the listed shops.

The owner of Ludlow Blunt in Brooklyn previously lived in London where he had several barbershops named Tommy Guns , I've had my hair cut at his old shop in Soho London . It's worth going to one of his shops just to oggle the interiors the shops in London were done in 1920's style it's also worth checking out his instagram page user name Ludlowblunt .

I could've sworn that the "Fellow Barber" NYC location was used in Boardwalk Empire once. The wood paneling and the chairs look VERY familiar.

I haven't been to Baxter Finley here in LA and I don't see myself going. My favorite barber shops are the ones that aren't the trendy new spots that are exorbitantly expensive (cut and a shave at this place looks to be $89!), they need to have some history and real vintage feel to them.
The coolest shop I've been to around here is actually in Avalon on Catalina Island called Lolo's. I think he's been there for close to 60 years now and has a ton of cool sports paraphernalia in there (the Cubs used to do spring training there when Wrigley owned most of the island), and more neat stories than probably anyone I've ever heard. Not the best cut or shave I've ever gotten but a way better experience than any of the new/hip shops I've been to.

i've only visited trumper's at mayfair, private stations, velvet drapes, mahogany cabinets, etc.

Last edited:
trumper's barber station, courtesy alamy stock photos.
not shown...vintage waiting chairs, umbrella stands, manicure station, shoe shine station.
also, they have an amazing storage room, with custom wood lockers (cabinets) for each barber and certain VIP's!

$trumpers barber.jpg

I've seen a few videos showing the inside of Trumpers, but they should really do some sort of virtual tour thing. I'd love to see the Victorian décor in the whole shop.

I've seen a few videos showing the inside of Trumpers, but they should really do some sort of virtual tour thing. I'd love to see the Victorian décor in the whole shop.

from my very limited exposure, trumpers is a bit of an anachronistic outfit.

they do a lot of glitzy, sizzle-style marketing on their shaving product website.

yet the staff in the two london shops are totally stuffy.

and the barber department is very old school and traditional, perhaps protective of their clientele.
of all the jermyn st-area shops i visited, only trumpers would not allow any interior photos whatsoever.
which is also understandable.
my barber obliged with a quick photo from the outside...

proxy.php

Top Bottom