P1010082.JPG

P1010083.JPG

P1010084.JPG

Size comparo VS QED and Tabac
P1010085.JPG

Preparing to lather...
P1010086.JPG

P1010087.JPG

I had to stop using the soap in the blue mug and switch to the standard mug, as it was slipping around too much.
P1010088.JPG

P1010089.JPG

P1010090.JPG

P1010092.JPG

P1010094.JPG

Eventhough the PJ2 was no help and again was totally worthless the soap developed a good lather and provided a nice shave. Nice stuff. Now all I need to do is throw this annoying little brush in the fireplace! :evil:

WOW....7y old thread resurrected.

someone mentioned the Haslinger Coconut and i was looking for a review.

this soap is not talked about, actually not really at all.

is it the lack or marketing or just one that gets lost in the shuffle?

I have a puck of that very soap which will land in my bowl soon enough. Bob (beginish) has indeed used a puck of Haslinger Marigold in the 3017 thread and that has made me look forward to my Sage soap.

The soap doesn't get a lot of airplay- it is from a small producer in Austria and probably hasn't made that large a mark in the USA. Maybe it's time for that to change.

It seems like every time I pick my "next" soap or cream, I consider Haslinger, but never actually land on it. I'm really going to have to give it a spin one of these days.

I have the sage also (just received it two days ago), and I got a very thick and creamy lather out of it with almost no effort. I'm extremely impressed. The puck is slightly off-putting when you get it, it's quite small. I'm also not really a fan of the sage scent, it's kinda like a mix of strong soap and dried sage. It's not bad by any means just not something I'm used to.

I found the Haslinger soap to be excellent. It lathered up very easily and provided a slick, cushioned shave. You have to play with the water ratios a bit, but when you get it right, it really delivers, and at the price, it's an excellent bargain.

I found the Haslinger soap to be excellent. It lathered up very easily and provided a slick, cushioned shave. You have to play with the water ratios a bit, but when you get it right, it really delivers, and at the price, it's an excellent bargain.

+1 Ordered one of these (Sea Algae) as an add on to an order a while back. Good stuff.

One of the problems with running up photos and reviews of seven year old threads is that usually things have changed quite a bit in that period. The puck Joel is holding showing ingredients does not even mention tallow. Yet Haslinger is indeed a tallow soap. Was it omitted in the seven-year-old photo because regs didn't require it to be listed, or is the soap being reviewed an entirely different make up of shaving soap?

Just got a puck of the Haslinger Coconut, going to try it for either my next shave or the one after that, I haven't decided yet. :closedeye

Brucered you can go to http://royalshave.com as they sale Haslinger Soap. They state that this soap has been made by the same family since 1890 and is considered one of the best in the world at producing rich and bountiful lather. I will be very interested in your thoughts on this soap should you decide to order.

If you look at the ingredients in Joel's photo there is no mention of tallow.

Newer pucks do contain tallow. My fondness for Haslinger is for the recent tallow versions.

Haven't heard much of this soap lately. I got a puck with my Shavemac several years ago and really liked it. I haven't ordered any since because of all the other soaps I've tried but need to order some again one of these days. Seaweed and the honey are both on the list.

Two picks of Haslinger have entered my shave den and will report that they produce a wonderful shaving lather with ease. Definite keepers!

I noticed that they now come with a clear plastic container, as I have yet to come up with a mug or bowl to plop these in, so far I have just left them in a soap dish with ridges and picked them up and lathered with them in my hand, messy but it works well enough.

We need to add some new reviews as this soap has become widely available and is very good.

WOW...not posts in 7years, then 12 posts over night.

i think i'll add a puck to my next WCS order, sounds like it's a winner.

One of the problems with running up photos and reviews of seven year old threads is that usually things have changed quite a bit in that period. The puck Joel is holding showing ingredients does not even mention tallow. Yet Haslinger is indeed a tallow soap. Was it omitted in the seven-year-old photo because regs didn't require it to be listed, or is the soap being reviewed an entirely different make up of shaving soap?

Too bad there isn't a way of starting a new thread...

Too bad there isn't a way of starting a new thread...

there is....someone just needs to do it. :wink2:

maybe someone who has the new "tallow listed" soap will see this thread and be inclined to do so.

i'd start a new one if i had a puck, but haven't pulled a trigger on one yet. if i didn't have 2 MB's on order (coco and barbershop), i'd have already ordered this one.

When I was new to wetshaving, I got this with an order of a Shavemac brush. Now I never heard of the soap before and just wanted to use my Tabac so I threw it out as I thought it wasn't a famous soap :(. Since I've become more into wetshaving I have heard of it mentioned here and there.

Last edited:
When I was new to wetshaving, I got this with an order of a Shavemac brush. Now I never heard of the soap before and just wanted to use my Tabac so I threw it out as I thought it wasn't a famous soap :(.

Nooooooo.....if it comes free with a Shavemac you know it's gonna be good. they aren't going to give you a cheap no name soap, with a $150+ brush!

oh well, i'm sure we've all done it at one point or another. the good news is, it's only $10 to replace if you want to revisit it.

Top Bottom