What's new

Haslinger soap

I have to say I was surprised how small a puck of Haslinger is, I never really payed close attention to the actual oz weight or anything. Haven't used mine yet but probably very soon.

I have to say I was surprised how small a puck of Haslinger is, I never really payed close attention to the actual oz weight or anything. Haven't used mine yet but probably very soon.

You don't need to worry about the size since you don't need much to generate a copious amount of lather and for the price, it is a great value. Good luck.

Mine was right at 60g as advertised. Not bad considering 100g of AOS is $30 and 90g of C&S is $30.
All my pucks have weighed in at +/- 1g. They are very consistent in size and performance.

120g of Haslinger is $9.00 delivered for me, it's a bargain if there ever was one. :w00t:

Last edited:
Had my first go with my Schafsmilch today, it was absolutely wonderful. Haslinger just make brilliant soap.

I think it was gifts and care I saw that had haslinger in a container. Looked kinda cheap and plastic but a container none the less

I got mine in a tiny little plastic container, unless I have a mini-brush no way I could load in that. I bought a Kinglsey Shave Soap Bowl off of Amazon and popped my soap in there. The puck is small compared to the size (bowl probably have about a cm of air in all directions if I put it in the middle), but it is a very nice size for loading and it looks great. Even smells of real wood!

The plastic one might be alright if you clean it and store the soap after each use, I don't really see the point of that practice though.

60g is a great size for 3017'ing. You can knock it off in 30-60 days depending on how heavy you load. 1-2 months is a good time to spend with one soap.

Unfortunately, I'm booked through September. RazoRock XXX will get me from July through probably half of August, and then I have Speicktember. I'm tentatively planning on Schafmilch in October, maybe later if I decide to burn through all of my Speick.

+1. NO NEED FOR MATH HERE. Good soap. Lathers well and very protective. Not my #1 but in the rotation. Good value for $.

Haslinger Coconut is the best shaving soap I've ever used. It is 100% based and groovy. The ingredients list is near perfect, plus, it's from Austria (Österreich), which is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

Yes! I have been looking for a way of describing Haslinger and couldn't never find the right words. GROOVY covers it!

I finally bit the bullet and got some Haslinger sheep's milk shave soap and also the Aloe Vera shave soap. I used the sheep's milk today, and what everyone said here is true. It lathers like mad, with less product than I usually load (I did a modified Marco's method, and only loaded for 30 seconds instead of the usual 60 seconds.) Awesome lather that was very slick, among the slickest I have used.

I had a great shave with the Haslinger today! I'll have to keep some around always, for sure!

I found the Haslinger soap to be excellent. It lathered up very easily and provided a slick, cushioned shave. You have to play with the water ratios a bit, but when you get it right, it really delivers, and at the price, it's an excellent bargain.

+1. I have also had good results with their soaps.

Top Bottom