What's new

Haslinger soap

Having just used MdC for a week, then Haslinger for a week, it's not even close

Sorry to ask .....what do you mean MdC is not close to Hasslinger?

Would be happy if that s the case , for sure YMMV,,,,but perso I believe that thre are some, or many soaps above the MdC and MUCH more affordable

I like Hasslinger s a lot ...but that is just my opinion...they are cheap and superior..I tried MdC but did not find the hype and the price justified..

Tam

Haslinger Shafmilch is used and loved often in my home! Lathers easily, nice cushion, slickness, and my face feels abolutely mavalous afterwards! The scent isn't my favorite but it's performance trumps the scent.

Curious about the scent of Calendula and the Sea Algae, any users?

Weak scents but great performers

Tam

Sorry to ask .....what do you mean MdC is not close to Hasslinger?

Would be happy if that s the case , for sure YMMV,,,,but perso I believe that thre are some, or many soaps above the MdC and MUCH more affordable

I like Hasslinger s a lot ...but that is just my opinion...they are cheap and superior..I tried MdC but did not find the hype and the price justified..

Tam

It's not close to be as good as Haslinger. :blink:

Again, just my opinion, but Haslinger is about as good as it gets in terms of performance. The fact that it's cheap and has 7 different scents, is a bonus, even if they are mild.

Last edited:
I am about half way thru giving a puck of schafmilch the 3017 treatment. Originally I had it in an OS mug, but earlier this week I shifted to shower shaving so I moved the puck into an unbreakable goofy green Marvy hard rubber mug. This morning I used my Omega 10098 big pro boar with the long handle. I had an excellent lather built up in maybe 45 seconds. After a couple weeks of using this soap and using various brushes, razors, etc I have to agree with Bruce. This is right at the top of my list and would rate it higher than MdC, C&S, Valobra, Mikes, MWF. The scent is soft but as Bruce said in another thread, you can apply any A/S over the top. I'm not going all fan boy here, but, this is an absolute top notch soap and at $9 for a puck it is certainly worth trying.

I'm working on a puck of sandalwood and have a puck of schafmilch in reserve. I've really enjoyed the sandalwood and am looking forward to the schafmilch based on what everyone has to say about it. Haslinger really is a fantastic soap.

That's it! As soon as my new Haslinger soaps arrive in the mail, I'm cracking one open. Reading the posts here, I'm reminiscing about the excellent lathers from my pucks of coconut and sandalwood...:thumbup1:

I'm working on a puck of sandalwood and have a puck of schafmilch in reserve. I've really enjoyed the sandalwood and am looking forward to the schafmilch based on what everyone has to say about it. Haslinger really is a fantastic soap.

That's it! As soon as my new Haslinger soaps arrive in the mail, I'm cracking one open. Reading the posts here, I'm reminiscing about the excellent lathers from my pucks of coconut and sandalwood...:thumbup1:

How is the scent on the Sandalwood. My only Sandalwood experience in from TOBS cream and I almost threw up when I sniffed it as it was so intense, synthetic and incense like.

I love it. It's a little hard to describe, though, as I don't think I've smelled anything like it before. It's not like AOS, Proraso or TOBS.

I love it. It's a little hard to describe, though, as I don't think I've smelled anything like it before. It's not like AOS, Proraso or TOBS.

Good to know. Proraso Red was another one of my failed attempts and finding a Sandalwood that I like the smell of.

How is the scent on the Sandalwood. My only Sandalwood experience in from TOBS cream and I almost threw up when I sniffed it as it was so intense, synthetic and incense like.

It's a light, subdued sandalwood scent. I'd say if you dislike sandalwood, you'd like still dislike the Haslinger sandalwood. I like earthy sandalwoods or sandalwoods that I don't find sweet.

I can draw a parallel to the Haslinger coconut here. Many coconuts are enhanced with other scents or synthetic additives to really sweeten it up. As you pointed out earlier, Bruce, this is not the case with Haslinger. Rather, it's a natural smelling coconut, to my nose, that isn't "punched up" at all. I find it is the same with the sandalwood.

I'll pile on. I love Haslinger. I currently have a puck in a Surry mug my oldest daughter got for me 2 Christmases ago. It is simply a fantastic soap.

I picked up the the sage and the Schafsmilch a little while back and use them almost everyday. Fantastic soaps, great lather, very slick. I don't mind that the scents are subdued. I can smell them while shaving and AS covers ups scents anyway. I'm looking forward to trying more of their scents.

The puck is a bit small to readily fit the many shaving soap containers I have but that problem is readily solved with a cheap cheese grater.
At $9.00/puck everyone should try it at least once.

You really don't need to cut it up or grate it to fit in something like a old spice mug. I just took this sage puck, covered it in hot water for about 30 minutes and then just used my thumb to press hard down on the puck edges to fill the gap of the old spice mug. Snug as a bug.

It really is a top performer, I have only tried the brand new puck of Haslinger Sage that was generously pif to me a while back and love the unique scent which I find a nice break from the mainstream barber shop talc, sandlewood, menthol or almond scented soaps. I definitely want to try some of the other Haslinger scents soon like the seaweed, coconut, honey and of course schafmilch/lanolin. If I could get it for 4,20€ / $5USD delivered like the Austrian and Germans readily can, I would be buying this soap by the caseload. Its a big win so far and the 60g puck is small enough that you won't get sick of it occupying your favourite mug for half a year.

$PC132172.jpg

Last edited:
At $9.00/puck everyone should try it at least once.

I like Hasslinger s a lot ...but that is just my opinion...they are cheap and superior..

If I could get it for 4,20€ / $5USD delivered like the Austrian and Germans readily can, I would be buying this soap by the caseload. Its a big win so far and the 60g puck is small enough that you won't get sick of it occupying your favourite mug for half a year.

You guys need to check out some German Vendors :thumbup1:

I just put an order in for 8 Pucks (1 of each), shipped to my door in Canada, for under $6.50 a puck.

Last edited:
So I just checked Bernd's website and while there I started building a brush. Guess I should wait until the new year to go back lol

Top Bottom