What's new

Red Injun 101?

Hey guys, I have a question/story for you. I was at my grandparents house today, and asked them if they had any old DE Razors from back in the day. My grandpa walked to the bookshelf, and pulled down an old shaving mug with an old brush and razor. It was an old leather case that had a razor with Red Injun 101 on the blade. The handle was brown, there was a little bit of rust on the blade. I have no clue when it comes to straight razors, but I know that this belonged to my grandfathers grandfather.

He also has a gold plated DE Razor that was my great grandfathers, they are going to find it for me to look at, and hopefully one day inherit. What do you know about the razor? I will try to get some pictures next time I am out there.

Boker Red Injun #101 is a very good razor. I hope the rust is away from the edge, if so, with it's history you will have an excellent shaver that really means something. I have 1 straight from each of my grandfathers. I use their blade on their birthday each year. It always brings back good memories.

The Boker Red-Injun 101 was considered the number one razor imported to the Unites States in the 1890's.

I have restored a lot of heirloom razors that are used by there descendants. I have also done some for shadow boxes for display that help keep their memory with them. It is a nice sentiment.

Ken is correct, Boker not Case.I was thinking of a Red Imp. Corrected my post. It's still a great razor.

Not much out there will beat a nice Boker for a close COMFORTABLE shave....
and to have a family hierloom as one to boot,,, great find that is!!!!!:smile:

Top Bottom