What's new

An Eye for an Eye, a PIF for a PIF

Thanks all. I'm very excited. By the quality look of the handle and the opportunity to assemble a brush since I've never done that before.

It's pretty great being able to assemble your own brush! I'm a big fan of The Golden Nib Finest Badger knots. I have a couple of 22mm in restored brush handles and they are very nice. I've also heard pretty good things about the Maggard synthetics. Best of luck to you, and pics once you get it!

Little late back to the party, but congrats Texflood! And thanks for the opportunity Red! Can't wait to see the picks when you knot it!

It's pretty great being able to assemble your own brush! I'm a big fan of The Golden Nib Finest Badger knots. I have a couple of 22mm in restored brush handles and they are very nice. I've also heard pretty good things about the Maggard synthetics. Best of luck to you, and pics once you get it!

Thanks for the help dexutter! Anyone else have any recommendations? I'm a newbie at this and would love suggestions.

Check some of the other threads for more ideas, but most of the ones I've read suggest TGN (Finest or high mountain) or Maggard (synthetic). If it helps (or makes it more difficult to decide) I really like my TGN boar knot as well. [MENTION=105975]CigarSmoka[/MENTION] [MENTION=93996]DCRIII[/MENTION] may have some ideas.

Congrats TexFlood! I second the TGN Finest, it's just a great all around performer that can't be beat for the price. I also have a TGN premium silvertip that I really like but the 3 finest I have get a lot more use. If you want inexpensive *not cheap* then Maggards synthetics are the way to go. I don't think it works that well on hard soaps or for face lathering, but with creams & bowl lathering it's as good as any badger I've tried.

Top Bottom