Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15 Sunday SOTD
Eclipse Red Ring / Voshkod (3)
Bay Rum sample mix
Vintage Rubberset Pure Badger
Retinol Men ASB
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
The Bay Rum soap mix has various Bay Rum samples that get thrown in a container. It makes a great lather and has an interesting Bay Rum scent with a bit of menthol. A great close shave today as the Red Ring and Voshkod mowed down the stubble.
proxy.php

SOTD 5.15.2016
Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather & rinse

proxy.php

Feather Artist Club DX Kamisori
Feather Pro Blade (2)
Rudy Vey B&B Team brush, Shavemac 2-band silvertip
Mystic Water Orange Vanilla shave soap
Fine L'Orange Noir aftershave splash
Terre D' Hermes EdT

Have a blessed Sunday Gentlemen

Sunday SOTD :: May 15, 2016

Prep: Hot Shower
Pre-shave Oil: The Blades Grim Smolder
Soap: K Shave Worx Frosen
Brush: John Mischaud custom silvertip 22mm
Razor: Slim Adjustable (J1) (7-7-5)
Blade: Polsilver SI (6)
Post Splash: Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
Post Shave Balm: Nivea
$20160515_181500 (3).jpg

5/15/16

3P Pre Shave Cream
Le Pere Lucien
Plisson Synthetic
6/8 Johan Engstrom Frameback
Tony Miller 3" Heirloom Steerhide Strop
Shavex Alum Block
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Montblanc Individuel
$SOTD5-15-16.Sepia.jpg

Last edited:
Los Angeles Shaving Soap Company - The Black Rose | BSB-Ti HMW | Mongoose B3 w/Triad 316 Stainless Rolling Hex | Kai Captain Titan Mild (2) | Floïd Blue

proxy.php

Recently, I've come very close to selling the Mongoose. For the price, I just don't use it often, and I really can't say why. After the last 2 shaves, I can say with confidence I won't ever part with this razor. Recently having been winged and still only able to use my non-dominant hand, the Mongoose has been a godsend. The extra territory and easy to find, flawless angle have resulted in spectacular shaves despite my infirmity. As I have previously stated, shaving the left parietal region of my head is the most awkward area to shave. The Triad Rolling Hex's deep scallops make it easy to blindly grip the most distal end of the razor and hit that area with flawless BBS and without a single weeper.

For those of you on the fence about paying $22 for 4.5 oz of soap, let The Black Rose from LASSC tip you over. As a vegan soap, it performs as well as any other soap (tallow or not) in my arsenal. And the scent? I'm not even a huge fan of rose scents as they often get old fast, but The Black Rose has enough woody and earthy notes to balance the rose. My only complaint about LASSC, as has always been the case, is the rather bland labels. For many, that will make zero difference.

This was yet another outstanding shave courtesy of some very impressive products.

SOTD Sunday Morning 5/15/16

Warm Shower
Soap: Cella
Brush: IB Limited Edition Semogue Boar
Razor: iKon Slant
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel with Aloe
Aftershave: Pitralon Swiss
EdT: Acqua Colonia Blood Orange & Basil

ATT S1 Kronos / Feather

Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip 2-Band
Tabac Shave Soap