What's new

Best Shampoo for dandruff and Dry Hair ?

I have dry hair with dandruff, which shampoo is best for me???

head and shoulders that's not a good option for me because it gives me the dry hair....

TNX...

I've suffered from dandruff most of my life. About 6 months or so ago, I decided I'd try something other than the head and shoulders I'd been using for years, with little change...
I picked up some selson blue and T-Gel. Maybe a little better. Then I read something about SLS and how it can aggravate the condition, and is in most shampoos, including dandruff ones. I started using a baby shampoo (Johnsons with Honey).
Dandruff magically disappeared.
I also do better with shorter hair - buzz cut.
Good luck!

I use Head & Shoulders Instant Relief with tea tree and that works wonders though I have psoriasis rather than just dandruff. I'd also suggest buzz cuts.

It all depends on what the cause of your dandruff is.
Over the last 35 years I've gone through Zinc Pyrithione, Selenium Sulphate, Coal tar, Tea Tree, Ketoconazole, SLS free bars and Piroctone olamine.
Some worked for a bit then stopped working. Some didn't work at all for me.
Best results so far from 2% ketoconazole and piroctone olamine.
The former is prescription strength, the latter is more available in Europe than in USA.

That's the biggest problem, WHAT kind of dandruff. There's so many bloody reasons why people have it, and what can cause it, what can cure it etc. etc.. For myself I've settled on this routine of one week H&S Almond Oil and Herbal Essence conditioner, and then a week of Live Well Argon Oil with Garnier Triple Oil conditioner, then repeat the cycle. Took years to land on that and figure it out, so it had better work for a long time to come!

I've had dandruff issues for a long time. The best I've ever used is Redken Dandruff Control. However always alternate other shampoos with any dandruff shampoo or over time, the trouble will return. For the past few years I've been using a non dandruff shampoo every third or fourth day. Redken is a bit pricey but for me, well worth the cost.

Top Bottom