What's new

Recommendations on a face cream

Since wet shaving requires the face to be well hydrated, I have decided to start experimenting with applying a face cream just before bed each night to bolster my morning routine. My routine is to wash my face in the shower using good quality soap, leave my face wet, and apply a pre-shave oil just before lathering. I use Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm almost everyday as part of my aftershave routine. I like the scent and it leaves my face feeling good, so I decided to try the Nivea Men Cream for face, body, and hands. I used it for the first time last night. I like it, but there is one small problem. The LOTH doesn't like the smell. When I climbed into bed she commented that it smelled nice but was cloying. Since the scent is too powerful, I won't be repurchasing this cream once it is gone.

I was hoping you guys could give me a few recommendations for replacements. It has to have a light scent that doesn't linger very long.

Thanks.

I'm currently using the Arko oily cream that most shave stores have. I only bought the tiny tube to start with but have since bought a big tub. Scent reminds me of UK style oil of oaly.

YMMV, but I'd say skip it. Save yourself the time and $$. If you must do something, just use the post-shave balm at night. No law against doing that.

Our forefathers just got up, splashed on some water, then lathered up, shaved, and went about their day. I am kinda KISS guy, so ti keep my routing to these simple steps, but hey, that's just me.

if you are looking for a good face cream... and if this is for hydration purposes... your best of having an extremely rich night cream and a lighter day cream... and the skin tends to absorb more during the evening.

for the body try the vaseline spray on mouistriser as this is light and don't smell heavy.

day cream i would suggest clinique or lab series they have some really nice bits for guys.

also lab series have a really nice night cream for men.

are you using anything for eyes ?

I use LAB Series Pro LS All-In-One Face Treatment, Dove Men+Care Hydrate Face Lotion, and CeraVe Moisturizing Cream.
I don't use them every night but anytime my face is feeling tight, I'll apply one of them at night. I do use one of them daily on my non-shaven parts of the face.

I use L'Oreal Expert for Men wrinkle and age reducer w/ SPF 15. It has no scent. I haven't used their moisturizer but I imagine it's just as good.

Cerave is good.
really any moisturizing cream.
i have been using institut Karite 25% Shea cream at night.
just recently have tried Cellmen face ultra.
folks now tell me my face is suitable as a radio personality!

$image.jpeg

$image.jpeg

Morning: I always cleanse with Toleriane, a fluid that is extremely gentle and doesn't strip the skin of moisture. After shaving, I also use Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, but I mix it with a few drops of jojoba oil for more hydration. Afterwards, I apply Effaclar Duo, a light cream with salicylic acid, on the areas where I tend to have ingrown hairs or clogged pores (neck, chin).

I also use the jojoba oil as a body moisturizer after I shower, and for my hands I use the same mix as the post shave (Nivea+jojoba).

Night: Again cleansing with Toleriane. I use Redermic R, a light cream with retinol that exfoliates gently. Retinol is considered effective for anti-aging, but you need to use it consistently. When I have ingrown hairs or irritations, I use either the Effaclar Duo or Dermo K (which has glycolic acid), or I combine both for a better result. This will clear my skin by the next morning. In winter, or when my skin feels dry, I might use a moisturizer on top. Generally something light and simple, from a French pharmacy-brand like La Roche Posay or Avène. Eye-cream from the same brands.

The great thing about these pharmacy brands is that they are effective, relatively cheap and have little or no scent. If scent is what you want, buy a light quality fragrance. The lady will appreciate.

Above all: Get enough sleep, eat healthy food and drink 1-2 litres of water a day.

Top Bottom