What's new

Money Clip Suggestions?

Give me your money clip suggestions! :D

I would prefer brass with no plating, but other similar metals, steel, and rhodium plating are fine too I guess. I just need the clip--already have a nice new wallet for my cards and ID.
All suggestions are welcome, regardless...you might just change my mind. ;)

I really love this one.

https://www.moneyclamp.com/
$download.jpg

That's neat, a bit more than I'd like to pay though (aside from the geneva), and seems like it'd be more cumbersome than I'd like.

I'm thinking about $20-40 price range if I can manage to get a nice one for that price. I kind of like this one for it's simplicity, but don't know about it's quality due to a lack of reviews. It is sold directly by Sears though, and made in the US, so it might not be bad.

That's neat, a bit more than I'd like to pay though (aside from the geneva), and seems like it'd be more cumbersome than I'd like.

I'm thinking about $20-40 price range if I can manage to get a nice one for that price. I kind of like this one for it's simplicity, but don't know about it's quality due to a lack of reviews. It is sold directly by Sears though, and made in the US, so it might not be bad.

Have you used money clips before? I have a couple like that as well. They can be a pain to actually get paper money in and out of without ripping it, and they only hold a small number of bills. Those Money clamps act a lot like binder clips. The ends fold back so it makes it really easy to get the money in and out. They'll also hold 3 times the number of bills without getting out of hand.

I've actually seen people recommend just using binder clips in place of a money clip if you're a function over form kinda guy.

$enhanced-buzz-20186-1327167763-60.jpg

No, this'd be my first. I was thinking since I have a bi-fold wallet, I could slip the back of the clip under the hidden pocket, or else up from the bottom and have the money on the outside. Or I could put a card in the center of the bills to assist in inserting/removing them from the clip, if I wanted to use it by itself. Of course, that's all just conjecture--dunno if any of that would actually work/help.

A binder clip was actually the first thing that came to mind when I saw those clamps. I might try that before I go out and buy a clip, still open for suggestions, of course.

It's nice to have for those times when you want to pay someone for some random thing (for instance, someone going buy food for a group of people, or giving a tip to the pizza driver or at a restaurant), and a lot of places don't have vending machines that accept a card yet. If you're traveling, some middle-of-nowhere gas stations charge extra if you pay with a card instead of cash. Probably some other reasons I can't think of off the top of my head.

I usually don't carry more than $40 cash, and it's usually a 20, two or three 5's and a few 1's.

It's nice to have for those times when you want to pay someone for some random thing (for instance, someone going buy food for a group of people, or giving a tip to the pizza driver or at a restaurant), and a lot of places don't have vending machines that accept a card yet. If you're traveling, some middle-of-nowhere gas stations charge extra if you pay with a card instead of cash. Probably some other reasons I can't think of off the top of my head.

I usually don't carry more than $40 cash, and it's usually a 20, two or three 5's and a few 1's.
Yeah fair enough, here in Australia tipping isn't expected and since you can order a pizza online from your phone no one carries cash.. I try to have a few dollars but our $1 and $2 are coins with the smallest note being a $5. May just have to expand my EDC

You forgot the Dave Ramsey Principles: http://www.daveramsey.com/blog/good-and-bad-carrying-cash

Yep, nothing wrong with cash, though credit has advantages if you manage it properly (avoid impulse purchases, etc.), and pay it off in a timely manner. For instance, I get 6% at supermarkets (3% at gas stations) with my amex card, so I can save quite a bit if combined with sales, coupons, etc., and if I pay it off each month I don't accrue interest. I'd just need to spend $90 in groceries and $30 in gas per month to justify the $75 annual fee, anything after that is bonus.

Anyway, getting a little off topic. lol

More and more I like using cash for immediacy of completing the transaction and the anonymity that comes from using it. But sometimes I pause and wonder am I giving the business a chance to hide some of their income from taxation? I don't wear a tinfoil hat but I did raise an eyebrow when former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers made statements that we should consider abolishing the $100 bill because of illegal activity when there is also a lot of talk about Zero/Negative interest rates (ZIRP/NIRP) by the central banks which could be the bigger reason for minimizing the amount of cash in circulation. A person is already treated as a potential criminal when withdrawing/depositing large amounts of cash (~10K) or crossing the boarder with it. In the future after more inflation if we have to carry a suitcase of 20 dollar bills in order to buy a new pair of shoes it will be certainly be more obvious who is being the outlier and needs a harsh integration, because "normal" people don't use cash.

Sorry to have gotten a bit off topic, but my point is there can be the need to carry more than just a couple of paper bills for emergency spending if one wants to either A) stick to a strict budget or B) purchase without your financial institution or big brother watching every move you make.

Top Bottom