What's new

Tabac vs. Mama Bears

Wow - these are totally different soaps. Interesting to compare them. I like them both and get very nice shaves from both.
Tabac is probably a little bit easier to lather.
Both will take quite a bit of water.
Tabac has better residual slickness, as MB tends to get a bit sticky/grabby once lather is gone and it dries a bit on the face (high glycerin content).
Mama Bear has a very nice selection of awesome scents.

I'd probably have to give a SLIGHT nod to tabac for it's performance, but not by that much really. Some have trouble getting MB to work well for them, but I learned DE wetshaving with MB and get very good results from it.

For reference: They are both in my soap rotation, along with Soap Commander, PdP, Latha, Stirling, Strop Shoppe, SCS, Arko. I have very soft water.

Very pleased with both. If was limited to one i would choose Mama Bear because of cost, performance, customer service and ease of purchase.

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I till like every thing about Tabac, but I find that I can go over an area that has no lather on it more with Mama Bears than Tabac. I also have a sample puck of Stirling Almond Creme and Ozark Mountain. Both of which I enjoy shaving with as much I enjoy shaving with Tabac. Hell..... I just enjoy shaving!

Wow - these are totally different soaps. Interesting to compare them. I like them both and get very nice shaves from both.
Yeah, kinda apples and olives comparison there.

I tend to disagree with the above...Tabac by a country mile in performance. Scent of course, YMMV.
I tend to agree. Tabac wins in performance, but not necessarily in scent.

If you've never smelled Tabac, then you should find a place that offers samples. Very polarizing. Mama Bear's offers individual samples as well as sample packs for very reasonable prices.

This is a real apples vs. oranges comparison. The biggest difference to me (performance aside) is the foul stench of Tabac never lets go of me, as opposed to the many delightful scents of Mama Bear.

Tabac is probably a little bit easier to lather.
Both will take quite a bit of water.
Tabac has better residual slickness, as MB tends to get a bit sticky/grabby once lather is gone and it dries a bit on the face (high glycerin content).
Mama Bear has a very nice selection of awesome scents.

I'd probably have to give a SLIGHT nod to tabac for it's performance, but not by that much really. Some have trouble getting MB to work well for them, but I learned DE wetshaving with MB and get very good results from it.

For reference: They are both in my soap rotation, along with Soap Commander, PdP, Latha, Stirling, Strop Shoppe, SCS, Arko. I have very soft water.
"Foul stench" is a little harsh...[emoji2] I like "polarizing"...

Top Bottom