What's new

Mini Sigma 60mm f2.8 DN Art review

This lens is available for Sony E and M4/3 mounts. While part of Sigma's range that promises high image quality, it remains affordable at £120 new. Exchange rates vary.

The review is based on shots from the A6000.

It's a fantastically sharp lens. I purchased it as I want to push the A6000 into use as a second lightweight body and a compact portrait set up. Much lighter than my A77/Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 set up anyway. While it lacks stabilisation, I use both flash and outdoor light, so shouldn't be an issue for me. Your mileage may vary.

On the A6000, certainly in good to middling light, focus is lightningly quick and generally accurate. Not had more that 1 misfire on this front, and I've only shot at f2.8 so far. Build quality is surprisingly good considering the price, even down to a metal lens mount. Plastics are used, but feel of good quality. While the focus ring is smooth, it works well, but won't stop at infinity.

Basically, if you're into portraits and want a prime to get the best image, I can't recommend this lens highly enough.

$_DSC0304-copy.jpg$_DSC0305-copy.jpg$_DSC0307-copy.jpg$_DSC0309-copy.jpg$_DSC0311-copy.jpg

Thanks again Chaps!

I'm off to a Vintage Fair tomorrow - cravat shopping! Will take the A6000 and this fellow. Hope to see what I can capture!

Carl

Top Bottom