What's new

May 2016 scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Weck hair shaper. I think they are mostly used for women's hair cuts, but without the guard it is a shavette. They also made the Sextoblade that was a little bigger and had a shaving guard.

Weck had a line of disposable blade straight razors in the old days with a full size handle and slightly longer blade holder. some did come with a bar type guard and others came with the comb like in the picture. Most folks took off the guard and used it like a frameback straight razor. My first shaver in college was the Weck hair shaper pictured above (which doubled as a hair shaper). Great blade that actually was used by some heavy hitters until recently when Dovo stopped making their green insert for their shavette, and Hess Hair Milk stopped producing their Ezy-Shave 1010. Still, lots of vintage Weck straight razors and definitely Weck hair shaper clones out there for reasonable prices and the blades are still plentiful from Personna and Fromm (sold mostly in beauty supply stores).

You did GREAT. Is this a place you visit often? I'm really jealous but I'm glad it went to a good home. I'm also glad people know there is a market for this stuff!

Thanks! This was actually the second time I'd been to this store. The first visit yielded nothing, but i was probably not looking for the right things. I love barbershop memorabilia.

Great pick up. Those blades and the Old Spice mug are steals. The last couple Old Spice mugs I picked up were $10 and I've started seeing them at shops I frequent going for $20-$25.

I bought the razor but I didn't get that kit. I felt that I had no need for it. I bought the razor (Gillette H3) for $15 dollars. need to clean it up a bit tho.
$FullSizeRender.jpg
$IMG_5942.jpg
$IMG_5943.jpg
$IMG_5944.jpg
$IMG_5945.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Jealous of the Barbicide jar!

You can fill it with blue Dollar Store aftershave; just dunk your hand in after a shave and slap it on ...

AA

I see those Rolls all over! I've never picked one up though. The Slim, however, looks great! Clean it up, load it, and shave away!

I've wondered if those Rolls were more novelty that people just kept tucked away or something, more than they got used all the time. It is very hard around here to go into any shop, any day, and not see one. More than half the time they appear mint with a box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom