What's new

Favorite Brown Leaf Movies

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Gents, I rewatched Smoke last night and was reminded how good it is, and how central tobacco is to everything that happens in that movie. It got me wondering, what other brown leaf movies do you like? Or good movies with good smoking scenes? Any favorites or recommendations?

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Off the top of my head is this Inglorious Basterds scene

and Kevin Costner's character in Hatfields and McCoys
proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House - Cary Grant

$BlandingsPhoto-2.jpg$BlandingsPics004.jpg$BlandingsColeandMuriel.jpg

Pipes throughout the movie , I think all were Dunhills , these were just a few scenes (I think Cary was reading the Book behind the scenes) , But this is The Pipe Smoking Movie of Movies , Comedy and very Classic and Classy Old Movie .

proxy.php

One of my all time favorites. The Quiet Man. Plus on the train windows there are copious amounts of ads for Will's Golden Flake. Classic.

Hirsute

Sean Connery smoking a Peterson in Murder on the Orient Express.

proxy.php

Ok, just because... probably not perfectly quoted

The Navy Diver is not a fighting man, he is a salvage expert. If it's lost, he finds it. If it is sunk, he brings it up. If it is in the way, he moves it. If he is lucky, he will die young 200 feet beneath the waves for that is the closest he will ever get to being a hero.

Ok, just because... probably not perfectly quoted

The Navy Diver is not a fighting man, he is a salvage expert. If it's lost, he finds it. If it is sunk, he brings it up. If it is in the way, he moves it. If he is lucky, he will die young 200 feet beneath the waves for that is the closest he will ever get to being a hero.

Well, then...

"A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer."

We use this during Chiefs initiation every year. :001_cool:

The Coen bros. and Billy Bob almost made me want to start smoking cigarettes again when The Man Who Wasn't There came out.. I'd quit (cold-turkey, first try!) only a few years before.

$the-man-who-wasn-t-there-original.jpg

Hirsute

While we're on Daniel Day Lewis movies...

There Will Be Blood

$twbb.jpg

Top Bottom